Have United Played Today

Just got in after longest dog walk ever ,switched on here to have a gander at the usual suspects Owls bashing and it set me wondering , Has  Sheffield top team played today , I ask because I cannot see owt about it , its all about the Owls on these threads , any one know the score down at the Lane by any chance 

Did Brewster score?

5 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Just got in after longest dog walk ever ,switched on here to have a gander at the usual suspects Owls bashing and it set me wondering , Has  Sheffield top team played today , I ask because I cannot see owt about it , its all about the Owls on these threads , any one know the score down at the Lane by any chance 

At least you acknowledge they are Sheffield's top team, I am curious though about how you knew they were playing at home if you didn't know they had a game.😀,

Up there for dancing, down there for thinking mi owd Pal.😉.

4 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Yes we played mate, and we lost 2 - 0, from two deflected goals, which just about sums up our season.

You got the bit in bold right Cuttsie, I'll give you that.

Premier League is tough mate, it's the world's best football league, hence two of the three teams promoted last season are coming back down with us.

You don't need to worry about the Premier League though, you need to worry about doing well in League 1.

9 minutes ago, Grappler said:

Yes we played mate, and we lost 2 - 0, from two deflected goals, which just about sums up our season.

Premier League is tough mate, it's the world's best football league, hence two of the three teams promoted last season are coming back down with us.

You don't need to worry about the Premier League though, you need to worry about doing well in League 1.

“Sums up our season” 

One of the worst campaigns in league football history was all down to bad luck, well fancy that 😂😂

17 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

Because it wasn't all about our relegation the other week? 

Spit the bitter taste out of your mouth, was this any short of expected? It's textbook to the response when we were relegated......or is it different because its your team? 

Sorry I honestly wondered if it had been called off with the weather we are having and when I saw no mention of match on here thought I would ask , so what was the score please

7 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

Do you not see how petty you actually look? I have no ambition what so ever to engage in any sort of arguments or bickering.

Your team are now a league one team, come to terms with it and deal with it. You have nobody to blame but the ownership of the club and now you have to take it on the chin and get on with it.

The only difference is, we probably won't sit here branding you lot pub league...because we have a little bit more class than that.

Come back when you are in a more adult mind and are able to engage in normal conversation.

Regardless of the bitter intent of the thread....we can't hide behind deflected goals. We had ZERO shots on target in 90 minutes, when playing at home, against a mediocre, hit and miss Palace team.....

We don't need excuses, we haven't been good enough this season. We didn't strengthen and we have to get on with Championship life next season as a result.

They simply have to address their own errors and failings in the same manner. 

Mirror image for the Sheffield club's this season. Both our failings seem to be the same, bad recruitment. Nothing to do with you being in a tough league, it was easy last season we were told. Both teams haven't recruited right and finish bottom of their respective leagues, not a good season for Sheffield football.

4 minutes ago, top4718 said:

“Sums up our season” 

One of the worst campaigns in league football history was all down to bad luck, well fancy that 😂😂

Show me where I said anything about "bad luck", I'll wait.

You just finished below Wycombe Wanderers, deservedly so, for cheating.  

2 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Mirror image for the Sheffield club's this season. Both our failings seem to be the same, bad recruitment. Nothing to do with you being in a tough league, it was easy last season we were told. Both teams haven't recruited right and finish bottom of their respective leagues, not a good season for Sheffield football.

Plus you were deducted points for trying to deceive the EFL, Nervy, don't forget.

I was talking about on the pitch, not off field. Those 6 points cost us but that's down to the owner not fans.

14 minutes ago, Grappler said:

Righto it was 0 -2 score thanks for filling me in , As to the best league I think United will find they are in it next season as proved by the recent promo and relegation matches , In the Championship any one can win it , unless they start with a points deduction that is .

Just now, NERVY-OWL said:

I was talking about on the pitch, not off field. Those 6 points cost us but that's down to the owner not fans.

None of it is the fans fault, Nervy, don't think anyone would blame anything on the fans.

Chancer is the reason for the points deduction, obviously.  Not sure why he keeps getting things wrong, because we keep being told that he is a successful businessman. 

3 minutes ago, Grappler said:

None of it is the fans fault, Nervy, don't think anyone would blame anything on the fans.

Chancer is the reason for the points deduction, obviously.  Not sure why he keeps getting things wrong, because we keep being told that he is a successful businessman. 

Yep I keep hearing he's a successful businessman😂 tbh he started to worry me paying 8 million for Rhodes but I let it slide, little did we know