Life In League 1 For The Owls

4 hours ago, bassett one said:

sorry folks mean div 1 or league 1 ,sorry 

Division 3 in old money.

well mr chansiri spoke,he says hes sorry,hes made mistakes,and although he nearly got us there,thats not good enough,he wants the supporters back,hes promised to rebuild,he says hes learnt by his mistakes and wants darren to lead us back up,he wants a solid footing,he wants us the fans back and he will sort it out.i believe he will sort it,because hes a business man ,i think he will get us up and sell,or get us up with darren and get us up,lets back him,hes been honest and admitted his mistakes that have cost him millions,so 1 more chance folks.because if we dont all work together ,we will go down further.

3 minutes ago, bassett one said:

well mr chansiri spoke,he says hes sorry,hes made mistakes,and although he nearly got us there,thats not good enough,he wants the supporters back,hes promised to rebuild,he says hes learnt by his mistakes and wants darren to lead us back up,he wants a solid footing,he wants us the fans back and he will sort it out.i believe he will sort it,because hes a business man ,i think he will get us up and sell,or get us up with darren and get us up,lets back him,hes been honest and admitted his mistakes that have cost him millions,so 1 more chance folks.because if we dont all work together ,we will go down further.

Sorry but I didn't see anything in his statement that said he's learnt by his mistakes.

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

I love your optimism Bassett, but I am starting to think you are one of our lads (Blades) on the wind up.

I don't know whether It has been mentioned on here but a wed fan i know has just told me about the 2.5 million rent per season wed must pay on hillsborough for the next 30 seasons WTF Is this true surely not, does anyone know more details is he wrong!!!!

31 minutes ago, monzaman said:

I don't know whether It has been mentioned on here but a wed fan i know has just told me about the 2.5 million rent per season wed must pay on hillsborough for the next 30 seasons WTF Is this true surely not, does anyone know more details is he wrong!!!!

It's actually 4 million per season I'm hearing

Plus if the Owls win Division 3 next season  they would have to spend £15 million in order to get the ground to a suitable standard for Division 2

That's a lot of tuna for someone who is walking away shortly.

It wouldn't have been a problem if the could have finished above Wycombe today.

It wouldn't have been a problem if they had sent their accounts in & paid their players.

How on earth do they (& other teams) get away with it?

I've just started on our year end. I've got 9 months  to submit. If I don't do it in time I will get the sack.

Wednesday (& their ilk) should be closed down

30 minutes ago, MJ01 said:

It wouldn't have been a problem if they had sent their accounts in & paid their players.

How on earth do they (& other teams) get away with it?

I've just started on our year end. I've got 9 months  to submit. If I don't do it in time I will get the sack.

Wednesday (& their ilk) should be closed down

Germany overhauled football many years ago,it told the leagues that their clubs couldnt go on operating with losses year on year and gave them an ultimatum, a few went to the wall completely,but many  went for a fan stakeholder style ownership, the result was upgraded facilities lower prices and a more sustainable outlook,with many clubs moving away from expensive foreign imported players and a more home gown approach.

I watch Dusseldorf,the ground was  like owlerton dogtrack back in the 70s and third tier football,but thats all changed theyve a spanking 52K  stadium with tickets in the standing areas at 8 quid including tram travel and a free beer,its used by the whole community and hosts loads of community events,its in use most weeks during pre season.

You contrast that with english football and most sides,even in the prem carry huge debts from season to season,hence the euro super league.

English football needs a shake up,but neither the FA or the EFL have the bottle to tackle the issues and apply business laws, so it falls to the government,they need to take the lead and issue an ultimatum,start at the top and the rest will fall into line quickly.

Edited by staninoodle

7 hours ago, MJ01 said:

It's actually 4 million per season I'm hearing

Plus if the Owls win Division 3 next season  they would have to spend £15 million in order to get the ground to a suitable standard for Division 2

That's a lot of tuna for someone who is walking away shortly.

What do they need to spend £15m on?

well unless you know anyone who wants SWFC for £150 million,thats mr chansiri asking price,i suggest we work with him,why should he put in loads of his cash,if the fans dont want him?lets hope we can all work together and hope mr chansiri help out,whats the other options?he holds the reins,he owns the club and the ground.hes kept us afloat,hes made mistakes,he nearly got us up twice.you all enjoyed it when he was buying or out bidding other teams for players,so come on as nows the time to work with him,at least give him another season,but we dont have any choice either do we?

Bring in a real businessman who knows football inside out been there and done it.  Like him or not the man for me would be Simon Jordon