Should Drugs Be Legalised !

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Or just that they feel they can't get through the day without it? 

This.... I don't think there is any recorded record of it being addictive, however constant use can make one dependant on it.

41 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

But there also lots of studies that say that cannabis affect people's paranoia, psychosis and put some in a depressed mood. There are lots of academic studies and medical tests regarding the links between frequent cannabis use and negative mental health issues.

To be honest I think that is more to do with the current "skunk" type strains which are very high in THC but because its about illegal drugs that is never considered. Back in the day around the time it was popular with the Beatles it was a different type of high, more euphoric and transcendental which made you feel extremely good and happy. This current lot going round hits you like a hammer to the back of the head and just zonks you out.

Even in the much more relaxed areas such as Amsterdam governments have raised concerns and consider bringing changes to their more lax policies.

For all alcohol clearly create problems, I do not believe the comparison is so black and white.

I agree with this.

Edited by apelike

10 minutes ago, apelike said:

This.... I don't think there is any recorded record of it being addictive, however constant use can make one dependant on it.

To be honest I never really considered that. I went mainly from my own experience. A heavy user for around 6 or 7 years but just woke up one day and said I'd had enough. Never touched it sinse and never felt any kind of desire for it. 

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Pros and Cons,  Alcohol makes some people nasty,  I havn't smoked or had Canabis in any other form either but I hear Canabis takes you to that happy laughable place so in the doom and gloom climate we live in especially just lately,  OK,  I know it stinks and is unsociable in that respect but on the same token, too much drink can make you vomit and thats not nice to see,  medicinally they say Canabis is good and drink makes you badly,  so my vote would be legalise Canabis just like some other Countries around the world. 

Always remember someone saying -

if you’re walking home on your own in dark and see 6 lads heading your way.

would you rather they’d all had 10 pints

or all be stoned off their heads? 

17 minutes ago, makapaka said:

This is true. I've been assaulted twice by drunks in town. Granted it was a long long time ago when I did the pub crawls and i probably contributed to the situation being pretty drunk myself but the most harrowing experience I've ever had with a stoner was one of them once asked to share my chips. 

I was happy to oblige  

37 minutes ago, apelike said:

To be honest I think that is more to do with the current "skunk" type strains which are very high in THC but because its about illegal drugs that is never considered. Back in the day around the time it was popular with the Beatles it was a different type of high, more euphoric and transcendental which made you feel extremely good and happy. This current lot going round hits you like a hammer to the back of the head and just zonks you out.

I agree with this.

Agree about the Skunk .  I have never seen a skunk smoker have a fit of the giggles .

It'll be 5 years on Friday since the day I was attacked outside Oxfam on West St waiting for my carer at the Bus stop outside the shop, there was CCTV footage and everything, I reported it to my social worker who reported it to the Plod, 14 days later, when the bloomin' CCTV footage was out of date so they could see an attack had happened but not who did it.

I did get a visit from the Police though so all wasn't totally lost.

Guest makapaka
37 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

This is true. I've been assaulted twice by drunks in town. Granted it was a long long time ago when I did the pub crawls and i probably contributed to the situation being pretty drunk myself but the most harrowing experience I've ever had with a stoner was one of them once asked to share my chips. 

I was happy to oblige  

But you can go and buy a beer now but not weed.

never really bothered with it cos just makes me want to go sleep but makes you think why one is legal and one isn’t.

31 minutes ago, makapaka said:

But you can go and buy a beer now but not weed.

never really bothered with it cos just makes me want to go sleep but makes you think why one is legal and one isn’t.

True. 

Actually I had a look online to see if I can find out why it's illegal. 

Apparently in 1930s America some of the reasons it was banned were Bloodlust, its negative effect on "degenerate races" and it threatened the virtue of White women by making them fancy black men 🙄

There were other reasons obviously but those stuck out as being the most ridiculous. 

Full article here...... 

https://www-britannica-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.britannica.com/amp/story/why-is-marijuana-illegal-in-the-us?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16205868501971&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.britannica.com%2Fstory%2Fwhy-is-marijuana-illegal-in-the-us

Edited by The_DADDY
Spelling mistake

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Walking home in the dark, I'd prefer to walk past a crowd of Hippies than a crowd of football hooligans anytime, :gag::hihi:

Guest makapaka
2 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Walking home in the dark, I'd prefer to walk past a crowd of Hippies than a crowd of football hooligans anytime, :gag::hihi:

Course you would.

6 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Course you would.

Wouldn't you,  :confused: