Should Drugs Be Legalised !

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Considering the UK is the world's largest medical marijuana producer do you not find it hypocritical that the government already makes money from it yet the average pleb on the street would get a criminal record for doing the same? 

There is a big difference between medicinal cannabis and cannabis sold on the streets. IIRC any GP can prescribe medical cannabis anyway.

11 minutes ago, apelike said:

There is a big difference between medicinal cannabis and cannabis sold on the streets. IIRC any GP can prescribe medical cannabis anyway.

The only real difference between the two is political in my view. Recent studies in the US suggest there are is no difference but then in Ireland studies suggest there is a difference. 

It depends what side of the fence you are on. 

And no, I don't smoke it and I haven't done in almost 20 years. I'm just of the opinion that if alcohol and tobacco which kill untold 1000s every year are legal then cannabis which kills no one every year should be legal too. 

13 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

The only real difference between the two is political in my view. Recent studies in the US suggest there are is no difference but then in Ireland studies suggest there is a difference. 

And no, I don't smoke it and I haven't done in almost 20 years. I'm just of the opinion that if alcohol and tobacco which kill untold 1000s every year are legal then cannabis which kills no one every year should be legal too. 

Mate, stop begging, Cannabis will NEVER be legal in the UK despite its medicinal properties :D 

30 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Unfortunately it not that simple and many factors come into play. With medicinal cannabis it is high in CBD, the component that works as medicine, and low in THC the bit that mainly gives the highs that make you stoned. Street cannabis has a high proportion of THC and very low proportion of CBD so it's no good for it being used for medicinal properties.

In the USA medicinal cannabis in many states is legal to grow and use. In some states cannabis in general has been made legal to grow and use and in some states it is legal to use and buy from a registered outlet. But in many cases it has now been taken over by big business because of the profit with some famous people now using it as an investment. Whoopi Goldberg and a famous rapper are now involved because of that as is being hyped as the next big investment opportunity for some. Because of that many regular uses are now boycotting the legal ways of obtaining it and are back to unlicensed street dealing.

Today there has been an article on the BBC about one aspect of it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56835897

To be honest I think the USA will start to see problems in the future because of the lack of consistent rules under state laws as it seems to becoming a free for all and profit based.

BTW I have used it in the past and first started using it around 1970 (a bit late for the summer of love) :) but was still a bit of a hippy. I am not against it and no longer feel the need for it but I do know many people who are dependent on it and some who grow their own CBD plants for medicinal use.

Edited by apelike

34 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Mate, stop begging, Cannabis will NEVER be legal in the UK despite its medicinal properties :D 

Clearly you have trouble reading. 

22 minutes ago, apelike said:

Unfortunately it not that simple and many factors come into play. With medicinal cannabis it is high in CBD, the component that works as medicine, and low in THC the bit that mainly gives the highs that make you stoned. Street cannabis has a high proportion of THC and very low proportion of CBD so it's no good for it being used for medicinal properties.

In the USA medicinal cannabis in many states is legal to grow and use. In some states cannabis in general has been made legal to grow and use and in some states it is legal to use and buy from a registered outlet. But in many cases it has now been taken over by big business because of the profit with some famous people now using it as an investment. Whoopi Goldberg and a famous rapper are now involved because of that as is being hyped as the next big investment opportunity for some. Because of that many regular uses are now boycotting the legal ways of obtaining it and are back to unlicensed street dealing.

Today there has been an article on the BBC about one aspect of it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56835897

To be honest I think the USA will start to see problems in the future because of the lack of consistent rules under state laws as it seems to becoming a free for all and profit based.

BTW I have used it in the past and first started using it around 1970 (a bit late for the summer of love) :) but was still a bit of a hippy. I am not against it and no longer feel the need for it but I do know many people who are dependent on it and some who grow their own CBD plants for medicinal use.

Good Post. I agree with most of it, learned something from it and like you I used to use it back in the day and so I'm not against it but I don't feel the need for it anymore. When you say you know people who are dependent on it do you mean addicted? 

Or just that they feel they can't get through the day without it? 

It may be an idea to have a vote on it i'e , "yes, no, undecided", by someone who knows how to set it up.

2 minutes ago, spilldig said:

It may be an idea to have a vote on it i'e , "yes, no, undecided", by someone who knows how to set it up.

Good idea but can a poll be added after the original post has been submitted? 

Pros and Cons,  Alcohol makes some people nasty,  I havn't smoked or had Canabis in any other form either but I hear Canabis takes you to that happy laughable place so in the doom and gloom climate we live in especially just lately,  OK,  I know it stinks and is unsociable in that respect but on the same token, too much drink can make you vomit and thats not nice to see,  medicinally they say Canabis is good and drink makes you badly,  so my vote would be legalise Canabis just like some other Countries around the world. 

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Pros and Cons,  Alcohol makes some people nasty,  I havn't smoked or had Canabis in any other form either but I hear Canabis takes you to that happy laughable place so in the doom and gloom climate we live in especially just lately,  OK,  I know it stinks and is unsociable in that respect but on the same token, too much drink can make you vomit and thats not nice to see,  medicinally they say Canabis is good and drink makes you badly,  so my vote would be legalise Canabis just like some other Countries around the world. 

But there also lots of studies that say that cannabis affect people's paranoia, psychosis and put some in a depressed mood. There are lots of academic studies and medical tests regarding the links between frequent cannabis use and negative mental health issues.

Even in the much more relaxed areas such as Amsterdam governments have raised concerns and consider bringing changes to their more lax policies.

For all alcohol clearly create problems, I do not believe the comparison is so black and white.

My feeling is everything should be legal, unless it’s harmful to others (drug driving etc) or costly to society. People should be at liberty to do whatever they like to their own bodies, so long as they’re not harming others, it is after all your body, it belongs to you, not the state.

Also, if all kinds of substances are made legal to consume, we should also be making people aware of the likely consequences of heir consumption.