Sign in to follow this  

Godot Game Engine - How To Install A .64 File For Linux?

Posted (edited)

Above.

I just had an email about a new "Mini Degree" course on Zenva.com for a Game Engine called Godot, so I Googled the thing and found this, and downloaded the file for Linux, but I have no idea how to install it as it's a .64 file?

Can anyone help? 

I've just emailed my Brother and asked him if he knows anything about how to do it.

Edited by Mr Allen
More detail.

Posted (edited)

Godot is popular free game engine. I don't use it myself but it's definitely got a good reputation. One of the downsides (for me) would be its support for the c/c++ programming language is a bit clunky. It's possible but a lot of jumping though hoops etc.

Download it here: https://godotengine.org

Edited by Waldo

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Godot is popular free game engine. I don't use it myself but it's definitely got a good reputation. One of the downsides (for me) would be its support for the c/c++ programming language is a bit clunky. It's possible but a lot of jumping though hoops etc.

Download it here: https://godotengine.org

No offence mate but I found the link via Google (see the link in the OP) and have downloaded the Linux flavoured file, but I don't know how to run it hence the OP :D 

1 minute ago, Mr Allen said:

No offence mate but I found the link via Google (see the link in the OP) and have downloaded the Linux flavoured file, but I don't know how to run it hence the OP :D 

No offence taken. Sorry, yeah, you're asking how to install the .64 file on your Linux system. This may help?

22 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Above.

I just had an email about a new "Mini Degree" course on Zenva.com for a Game Engine called Godot, so I Googled the thing and found this, and downloaded the file for Linux, but I have no idea how to install it as it's a .64 file?

Can anyone help? 

I've just emailed my Brother and asked him if he knows anything about how to do it.

The easiest thing to do is see if it's available via your system's package manager and install it using that if it is. It is available on Ubuntu based systems, I don't know about others.

Zenva seem to be very good at getting their name all over the web but if you look closely at the supposedly independent articles recommending them they seem to be written by Zenva themselves or an organisation that has affiliate links to them. The only independent comments I found were this Reddit thread which wasn't very complimentary.

Try the Godot Tutorials first - certainly before parting with any cash for a course.

Posted (edited)

^this^

Godot itself has a very good reputation, both the engine itself, and also it has a thriving community, so no doubt plenty of people to share information with and ask for help if you get stuck / run in to problems. Good luck!

Edited by Waldo