I Need A New Phone, Vote In The Poll And Help Me Please Guys!

I need a new phone - CEX sells the Moto G9 at a price I can afford, should I trade in my G6 for it?  

11 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. I need a new phone - CEX sells the Moto G9, I currently have a SIM free G6, should I take the SIM out and trade it in for a G9?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on the price, how much would you get for the G6 trade in?

1 minute ago, butlers said:

Only ever had Sim Free phones myself and use Giffgaff.

Screens enormous on that G9 ,they are going for about £140 on eBay.

Granted there's 3 very different versions with meat £110 between them

Yeah I'm half considering giving 30 days notice in September and going on GiffGaff myself :D 

I'm paying £20 a month atm for unlimited everything, and in September I can get a Samsung S20 for an extra £9 a month, so I'm debating whether to buy a phone outright and cancel Three and go on GiffGaff, or pay the extra £9 a month on a 2 year contract to stay with Three.

Probably work out cheaper to do the first option, buy a phone and cancel Three in favour of GiffGaff.

You are not on a bad deal at all.

The days of Lebara / Giffgaff / Tesco being half of the big boy prices have gone.

I have a feeling it's £25 a month for unlimited everything

Choices ,choices

Edited by butlers

2 minutes ago, butlers said:

You are not on a bad deal at all.

The days of Lebara / Giffgaff / Tesco being half of the big boy prices have gone.

I have a feeling it's £25 a month for unlimited everything

Choices ,choices

I've been on Tesco Mobile, waste of time and money IMO, especially seeing as TM "Piggybacks" off the O2 network, so you're probably better off going straight to O2.

Have a look at the Xioami phones, I swear by them! My brother recommended them back when I was in Uni and I've had them ever since! 

On the Xioami Mi 10 currently and it's always getting compliments on the camera etc! 

29 minutes ago, FORDEY said:

Have a look at the Xioami phones, I swear by them! My brother recommended them back when I was in Uni and I've had them ever since! 

On the Xioami Mi 10 currently and it's always getting compliments on the camera etc! 

Sounds like a Chinese brand, so knowing me I'd probably swear AT them! :D 

😂😂 It is a Chinese brand 

Ugh, so I just spoke to Dad about going for a new phone this afternoon! I love the man to bits but spend more than about 3 quid and he goes on a 20 minute :rant: about how I'm on benefits (don't start) and have limited income!

Well yea, upgrading your phone when you're on limited income isn't a top priority usually.

18 hours ago, Mr Allen said:

Sounds like a Chinese brand, so knowing me I'd probably swear AT them! :D 

Your current G6 is Chinese as well mate.

Edited by geared

I'd get an almost new one from Tesco or Argos outlets on Ebay - brand new open box returns with full 12 month guarantee but much cheaper.  

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

I'd get an almost new one from Tesco or Argos outlets on Ebay - brand new open box returns with full 12 month guarantee but much cheaper.  

Hmm, I might just nip down to the Argos on Angel St then and have a look.

5 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Hmm, I might just nip down to the Argos on Angel St then and have a look.

As @alchresearchsays, though, these open box items are only available on-line, usually, as he says, via eBay.

Nothing to stop you looking in the store, then seeing if one you like is available on-line.

Edited by RollingJ

Cex rob you blind better off selling on ebay or amazon 

Edited by Consheff