What Were Your Best And Worst Jobs?

Worst

Working in a Dairycrest warehouse in Hemel Hempstead. For starters, it was a pointless job: take boxes of yoghurts off  pallets of a particular dimension from France, re-stack on pallets of a different dimension for distribution in the UK. Just use the same size pallets, you idiots. But the real bummer of it was twofold: first, it involved cycling up a long, steep hill early in the morning, in winter, but to get to the hill involved a long-ish cycle on the flat. To avoid freezing on the flat bit required wearing enough clothes, but by the time I had slogged my way to the top of the hill I was a sweaty mess - and would then go straight into a refrigerated warehouse. Horrible. Whatever you did you were always too hot and too cold during the day. Secondly, we were paid by the hour, so to make it worth the while of getting there and the temperature extremes involved, you wanted it to be enough hours (this was pre-minimum wage), but there was this guy there every day who worked like Old Nick himself was at his heels. He was a blur of spectacles and baldness, working as fast as he could, thus depriving the rest of us of an hour or two's pay every day. Everyone told him to slow down; he did not slow down.

Best

Another agency job, and sadly short-lived. The council had massively over-ordered on street trees - I'm not sure how this happens, but there you go. Anyway, they were in danger of dying if they didn't get in the ground, so some extra hands were needed to bez around the place and dig a hole and shove a tree in it wherever an empty verge presented itself. It was a hoot - drive/shout/stop/dig/put tree in. Like some kind of ecological Wild West. I like to think that it that few days we improved the long-term air quality of Hemel Hempstead significantly. God knows it doesn't have much else going for it. I've had more rewarding jobs, but that was the best in terms of dossiness and long-term outcome.

My worst job was a human cannonball, I hated it that much, they eventually fired me.

My best job was when I was learning to be a Tailor, that really suited me.

Worst

Reclaim recycling Plant on Claywheels Lane in 2002, 3 days of a totally inappropriate "job" and don't get me started on the joke of pay!

Best

Probably working in the Oxfam on West St, only reason I left in May 2016 was because on the day I left the shop got burgled that morning, and the same day, I was assaulted outside the shop waiting for my carer at the Bus stop.

Edited by Mr Allen
Underline code didn't work!

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

My worst job was a human cannonball, I hated it that much, they eventually fired me.

😂

6 minutes ago, Padders said:

Don't give up yer day job lad! Those jokes were cringeworthy!

Worst job. 

College security. On my feet all day in all weather's. Terrible pay. Met the ex wife there. Had to wear a hat. 

Best job. 

Retail and kitchen/bathroom designer. 

Met new people every day. Work mates were awesome apart from one who was dead weird (turned out he was VERY weird and is now in prison) Money want great but the enjoyment of the job kind of made up for it. 

I'd go back tomorrow if I could. 

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Worst job. 

College security. On my feet all day in all weather's. Terrible pay. Met the ex wife there. Had to wear a hat. 

Best job. 

Retail and kitchen/bathroom designer. 

Met new people every day. Work mates were awesome apart from one who was dead weird (turned out he was VERY weird and is now in prison) Money want great but the enjoyment of the job kind of made up for it. 

I'd go back tomorrow if I could. 

Reading one of your recent post's, I get the impression your next job will be sewing mailbags and eating porridge for breakfast.

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

Reading one of your recent post's, I get the impression your next job will be sewing mailbags and eating porridge for breakfast.

You could be right. I better jump on amazon and stock up on soap on a rope just incase ☹️

28 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

You could be right. I better jump on amazon and stock up on soap on a rope just incase ☹️

You needn't worry about that message pertaining to be from the HMRC, it won't actually be from there and it's unlikely you'll end up being incarcerated at HM's Pleasure.

7 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

You needn't worry about that message pertaining to be from the HMRC, it won't actually be from there and it's unlikely you'll end up being incarcerated at HM's Pleasure.

Phew. That's a huge relief I have to tell you. Just in case though my soap on a rope will be delivered tomorrow.

My worst job was working in a solicitors office. You were clock watching all the time. My best job was as a state registered nurse. You got to see some amazing sights ! ( coughs)

worst job in a shoe shop,lasted 2 weeks,mixed up all sizes in stock room before i left.

best jobs where in sales,nice clean and easy,also enjoyed years behind a bar,got lots of gossip and free pints bought me.