Omg I'm Going To Be Arrested.

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

As scammers usually use autodiallers that call a list of numbers in sequence, if you are in a list, you don't need to advertise your number.

From my experience, these days, if you ignore the calls for long enough, you eventually get 'skipped' in the sequence and find the volume of calls drops considerably - I now get maybe 3 a month if I'm unlucky.

Ahh, that makes an awful lot of sense. I did wonder how they got my number so that must the how. 

Thanks for that 👍

21 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

In the near 15 years I've been in the Flat, I've been on BT, Talk Talk and now Plusnet for the Landline, and I can count the number of scam calls I've had on 1 hand :D 

That's because I'm ex directory AND on TPS, and I also don't put my mobile or landline number anywhere online unless I absolutely have to.

My bold. 

Why do you seem fixated on this? 

Others have already said they don't do that either but still get the calls. 

I've already stated I don't do that yet I still get the calls. 

RollingJ's point about lists and autodiallers seems to be likely to be the reason some people get these calls. It would definitely explain why I get them. 

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Awww that's really quite sad. 

I genuinely feel for her. 

I'm on sky talk. The scams don't stop sadly. On average I'll get around 6 to 10 calls a month. Fortunately they are the type that are incredibly easy to see through. 

Very very strong Indian/Pakistani accent with proper Western names and they get really abusive if you don't do what they tell you to 😂

You aint using it properly then if its a strange voice press hash key that number will never ring again you wont even talk to them after a couple weeks they stop altogether not had one for 6 months . Phone rings and you know its a nuisance press hash if a friend press star and they are on friends list and come through forever 

On 07/05/2021 at 07:20, *Wallace* said:

Edited by spider1

1 minute ago, spider1 said:

You aint using it properly then if its a strange voice press hash key that number will never ring again after a couple weeks they stop altogether not had one for 6 months . Phone rings and you know its a nuisance press hash if a friend press star and they are on friends list and come through forever 

Been with sky for ages and I never knew that 

Thanks spider1 🙏

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Been with sky for ages and I never knew that 

Thanks spider1 🙏

You can go on laptop see your friends and barred list and either take em off off list or put them on again  . When you pick phone up if its a friend press star they will go straight through next time    . If a nuisance caller hash key never rings again on that number 

Edited by spider1

if you advertise stuff on gumtree and the like they scan the ads for numbers, if i advertise something within 5 mins i usually get a scam call.