Omg I'm Going To Be Arrested.

It's true. I just had a phone call from 07991348264 and a really convincing voice said HMRC are after me and unless I press #1 a warrant will be issued "shortly after". 

I don't know about you lot but I'm super convinced and I'm heading straight down to the police station to hand myself in. 

Seriously, does anyone fall for this kind of thing 🙄

I'm quite frankly amazed that I haven't been arrested. Maybe I should phone the number and offer myself as a karmic gesture?

Yes, that could be a good idea. Handing yourself in may mean a reduction in your sentence 

Good luck 🙏

The sad thing is there will be some people who will be conned by these ruthless scammers, particularly the elderly.  They just need to target the right person.

Edited by hauxwell

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

It's true. I just had a phone call from 07991348264 and a really convincing voice said HMRC are after me and unless I press #1 a warrant will be issued "shortly after". 

I don't know about you lot but I'm super convinced and I'm heading straight down to the police station to hand myself in. 

Seriously, does anyone fall for this kind of thing 🙄

Yes they do I’ve just been reading about some woman who met a guy on a dating site she ended up sending him 110 grand so there are idiots out there they only have to get one or two and they are sorted for ages.

2 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

Yes they do I’ve just been reading about some woman who met a guy on a dating site she ended up sending him 110 grand so there are idiots out there they only have to get one or two and they are sorted for ages.

110 grand??? 

Crikey that's an awful lot of money to just lose like that. 

I can't help but have a bit of sympathy for that person. I realise my initial post was flippant but being serious about it it must be awful to have 1000s stolen from you like that. What struck me about the call I got was the amateurish nature of it. Litteraly from the 1st few words I could tell it was a scam. 

It's a pity they aren't all so easy to see through. 

@The_DADDY With respect mate if you're daft enough to accept a call from an unrecognised number you deserve everything you're getting IMO! :loopy:

The simplest way to not get this kind of thing is do NOT advertise your mobile number online.

2 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

@The_DADDY With respect mate if you're daft enough to accept a call from an unrecognised number you deserve everything you're getting IMO! :loopy:

The simplest way to not get this kind of thing is do NOT advertise your mobile number online.

😂

OK. I'll bare that in mind 👍

You also get more scam calls if your name and address is in the phone book.

Just now, pattricia said:

I should have said the call was on my mobile not my landline. Been ex-directory for years but still regularly get "Steve" or "Gary" phoning me about a problem with my Internet and they just want to connect to my computer to help me fix it 😂😂

They get quite shirty when I tell them I won't let them. 

3 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Yep, but even if you go on TPS to get your number off the records it's not foolproof, because most of the scam calls are Foreign, and TPS doesn't work on Foreign scam calls.

6 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Yep, but even if you go on TPS to get your number off the records it's not foolproof, because most of the scam calls are Foreign, and TPS doesn't work on Foreign scam calls.

Didn’t know that.