Benefit To Sheffield Of Having A Labour Council?

1 minute ago, Baron99 said:

I can't remember the last time it was IN control. 

NOC will make the local politics a bit more interesting.  We'll probably be able to blame a few more people & parties? 

My guess is that not much will change?  There will have to be a bit more horse trading but we'll still get overlooked as a major city in favour of our near neighbours to the north & west. 

Meh, the BBC in particular still worships the ground the City of Leeds stands on! :rant:  :loopy: 

Just a shame Julie Dore was allowed to scuttle off and hide . A lot of this is down to her .

Anybody know what happened with the referendum?

Just now, Anna B said:

Anybody know what happened with the referendum?

I think the results are out on Monday

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

I think the results are out on Monday

Thanks hackey.

11 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Just a shame Julie Dore was allowed to scuttle off and hide . A lot of this is down to her .

Agreed.  I'm not surprised at the outcome, I think Bob Johnson has lost partly because of her reputation, but also because the Greens have been very active in Hillsborough.   

Choosing the new leader will be interesting given the numbers.  😐

2 hours ago, Ms Macbeth said:

Agreed.  I'm not surprised at the outcome, I think Bob Johnson has lost partly because of her reputation, but also because the Greens have been very active in Hillsborough.   

Choosing the new leader will be interesting given the numbers.  😐

No doubt, whoever ends up as leader of the Labour group, will trot out the same old tired line that Sheffielders have heard since the days when Jan Wilson suffered defeat, "We'll have to listen to the people of Sheffield." 

Edited by Baron99

48 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

No doubt, whoever ends up as leader of the Labour group, will trot out the same old tired line that Sheffielders have heard since the days when Jan Wilson suffered defeat, "We'll have to listen to the people of Sheffield." 

So you have condemned them before you even know who it is and what they want to do!!!!

8 minutes ago, monzaman said:

So you have condemned them before you even know who it is and what they want to do!!!!

Of course you surely do not expect people to give careful consideration on the subject and overthrow their current political views do you (a non party political statement)

I thought of one benefit at least we can see how useless they are so we can let the next generation know to steer well clear of labour lies

14 hours ago, creweblade said:

On your bike Bob lol

Yeah sling your hook but Hillsborough has gone down hill what happened to the old blue ball deserved a stoning 

Edited by Consheff

14 hours ago, creweblade said:

On your bike Bob lol

Yeah sling your hook

On 05/05/2021 at 23:52, sibon said:

By “they”, I think you mean “we”.

And by “we”, I think you mean “The Tories”

So it’s a simple issue to solve. Don’t vote Tory at National or Local level. Then you’ll not have to surrender valued public services to the rabid capitalists.

Thanks for the opportunity to point out the gaping hole in Tory strategy.

What about the eager bever bus was that down to the tories?