Benefit To Sheffield Of Having A Labour Council?

14 minutes ago, Consheff said:

Your a perfect example of how labour are loosing voters 

Like you keep asking same question over and over again without answering the post question on benefits? 

Right I will ask you once again before the beer blurs your vision, what do you mean by benefits do you mean like backhanders from the tory government ,do you mean free bubblegum, do you mean free dictionarys for everyone who votes, what do you mean. Next  benefits of sheffield having a labour council as oppose to what, what are we comparing it with. Now please answer me like an adult and then i can try and answer your question 

Oh and don't forget i am still waiting for you to tell me the difference between getting rid of the labour council  because they lie but keeping Johnson when he lies and lies and lies, please answer me 

Edited by monzaman

11 hours ago, Consheff said:

Your a perfect example of how labour are loosing voters 

Like you keep asking same question over and over again without answering the post question on benefits? 

Your equals you're :D and it's losing not loosing.

Learn spelling, Clown! Then you'll be able to look slightly less daft than you already frequently do.

13 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Your equals you're :D and it's losing not loosing.

Learn spelling, Clown! Then you'll be able to look slightly less daft than you already frequently do.

oh dear the grammer and spelling police have arrived!😚

9 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

oh dear the grammer and spelling police have arrived!😚

Shouldn't that be  grammar? 

The original question was 'Benefit To Sheffield Of Having A Labour Council?'. 

Let's face facts. The local Labour Group have been running the city for 99% of the time, except for a few terms when we've had the odd NOC or Lib Dems in charge.  So I have to laugh at some of the posters on here, praising the Lab Group, past & present & defending them, when you don't have to look very far on other threads in SF, where you'll find the same posters complaining about SCC wasting money / resources; city planning; decimating the environment or singling out individual Lab councillors for moan. 

You can't have it both ways. 

Edited by Baron99

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

The original question was 'Benefit To Sheffield Of Having A Labour Council?'. 

Let's face facts. The local Labour Group have been running the city for 99% of the time, except for a few terms when we've had the odd NOC or Lib Dems in charge.  So I have to laugh at some of the posters on here, praising the Lab Group, past & present & defending them, when you don't have to look very far on other threads in SF, where you'll find the same posters complaining about SCC wasting money / resources; city planning; decimating the environment or singling out individual Lab councillors for moan. 

You can't have it both ways. 

It's an impossible question to answer. What are the "benefits" of any city council? Bins are emptied, we have police on the streets, roads are no worse than most major towns or cities. Despite cuts, to the best of my knowledge, they've not lost a huge amount of essential services. In my opinion they've signed a couple of crap contracts but you can probably point at a couple of other councils that have done the same. 

You could point to a comparable sized city that's had a tory council since the year dot and say "look what we could have had" but most major cities don't vote for Tory councils. I wonder why.

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

It's an impossible question to answer. What are the "benefits" of any city council? Bins are emptied, we have police on the streets, roads are no worse than most major towns or cities. Despite cuts, to the best of my knowledge, they've not lost a huge amount of essential services. In my opinion they've signed a couple of crap contracts but you can probably point at a couple of other councils that have done the same. 

You could point to a comparable sized city that's had a tory council since the year dot and say "look what we could have had" but most major cities don't vote for Tory councils. I wonder why.

Probably because they know the Tories are mostly as bent as a 4 Bob note :D 

6 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... well how's that possible then? :confused:

Unless they were totally inefficient in the first place... :suspect:

7 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

👍😂

5 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

They haven't shut every single library have they. They might have shut some (most?) And have it run by volunteers so there is still a library service. Need help from social services? You'll wait longer and get less. Need to ring the council? Good luck with that, but they're still there just a crappier service. 

To be honest, I don't use much in the way of council provision (none from SCC as I live over the border) so it's best to ask people that use them. But if you still think there is fat to trim, vote Tory, they'll trim it back some more!

33 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Very good post and the reason why I was trying to get the op to elaborate a bit more!!!

Perhaps one should have voted for this NOC party? That seems to be the situation until next May.