Benefit To Sheffield Of Having A Labour Council?

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, Consheff said:

They privatised it if I remember first took over and the council got a brown envelope 

By “they”, I think you mean “we”.

And by “we”, I think you mean “The Tories”

So it’s a simple issue to solve. Don’t vote Tory at National or Local level. Then you’ll not have to surrender valued public services to the rabid capitalists.

Thanks for the opportunity to point out the gaping hole in Tory strategy.

Might be first poster to flag his own thread at this rate

I believe in democracy.  I value the fact that we can vote.  I usually vote.  This time I'm really unsure if there is any candidate or party worth voting for.  I can find major faults in all of them, so I may only vote for the other 2 votes we get

10 hours ago, butlers said:

The poster who decries the council removing low bus fares seems unaware it was due to the 1985  Transport Act brought in by the Conservative Gov., to deregulate services.

Followed the year later abolishing the 6 Metropolitan Councils all of  which were Labour run

Schooled very well butlers! See no follow up from that 😂

12 hours ago, Consheff said:

Seems my other one was removed I wonder if it crashed because there were no benefits in having a labour council so I ask again please help me out and tell me what benefits Sheffield has received by sticking with labour 

Hopefully they may also remove this as well

12 hours ago, Consheff said:

Seems my other one was removed I wonder if it crashed because there were no benefits in having a labour council so I ask again please help me out and tell me what benefits Sheffield has received by sticking with labour 

Hopefully they may also remove this as well

No Overall Control. I wonder what will happen now.. 

On 05/05/2021 at 23:15, ECCOnoob said:

Seriously???   This sort of trivial guff is the crux of your primary local issue decision making.... no wonder this city is stagnating and we get the incompetent morons of a council we have.

Deregulation of local bus services started from around 1979 at which time are very own council was majority controlled by........ Labour.

As for fright night....it was an event that was devised and operated by a private events marketing company. Why you are whining about the council boggles my mind.  Given said private events company put up the majority of the cash to run the event any decisions to cancel it would have been primarily economic on their part and it was automatically replaced by something else deemed more profit-making.   

Ask for the stock ridiculous moan about free parking..... the obvious fact that no city centres  offer "free parking".  Goodness sake there's been the existence of chargeable car parks and these things called parking meters since the black and white days.  Hardly some new fangled concept brought in by the evil Tories.

What a ridiculous excuse for a bit of tory bashing your post, in fact the majority, of this thread is

People need to get a grip and remember these are local elections.   Enough with this horse crap about brexit, NHS budgets, covid vaccines and Track and Trace systems. This is supposed to be about OUR issues affecting OUR city.

Enough with this constant red and blue cheerleading.  Actually bother to study candidates properly and make informed vote for the ones who are going to best represent the city.  That is all that should matter - not blindly following some colour choice or getting sidetracked by a load of pathetic backwards rose tinted nonsense.  Ohh it's all ridiculous that's why Labour are looosiising

Best news Labour losing Sheffield happy days 

I don’t normally post on threads like this.  But hey let’s see where this goes. 

I think for me the labour council have stopped listening to the people they represent. And I think there is a real lack of trust. 

it did make me smile that our labour candidate was photographed with a backdrop of eccy woods and talking about green economies given the councils history with trees 🌲 

this city is always better ,when we have 2 parties very close ,it makes those in charge think more.

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

this city is always better ,when we have 2 parties very close ,it makes those in charge think more.

Think more! Don’t you mean think?

3 hours ago, Bollie said:

No Overall Control. I wonder what will happen now.. 

I can't remember the last time it was IN control. 

NOC will make the local politics a bit more interesting.  We'll probably be able to blame a few more people & parties? 

My guess is that not much will change?  There will have to be a bit more horse trading but we'll still get overlooked as a major city in favour of our near neighbours to the north & west.