Aliexpress - Anyone On Here Used It Or Has Use It In The Past?

An relative of mine is thinking  about buying off Aliexpress  is it any good or is my relative opening Pandora's box of problems with this one? 

3 minutes ago, GabrielC said:

An relative of mine is thinking  about buying off Aliexpress  is it any good or is my relative opening Pandora's box of problems with this one? 

According to Google they're rated 4.5 stars out of 5 :D 

Link

1 minute ago, Mr Allen said:

According to Google they're rated 4.5 stars out of 5 :D 

Link

Slightly better than fleabay I mean eBay could be interesting. 

I have used ali three times for laptops.

All arrived fine.

Was very nervous first time,there was PayPal which I was happier to use than my bank card itself.

6 minutes ago, butlers said:

I have used ali three times for laptops.

All arrived fine.

Was very nervous first time,there was PayPal which I was happier to use than my bank card itself.

Meh, you use your Bank card on Paypal! :D 

And it's very secure! Annoyingly every time I use it the damn thing has to send me a text with a code to verify my ID! :rant: 

Yes but I trust PayPal rather than some random website overseas

Guest sibon

I have a Revolut card for things like this. I use it a lot online and also in places where I have to check in with my personal details.

I usually keep less than £100 on it, which limits any potential problems.

39 minutes ago, sibon said:

I have a Revolut card for things like this. I use it a lot online and also in places where I have to check in with my personal details.

I usually keep less than £100 on it, which limits any potential problems.

Very sensible that! You're not as daft as you look! :lol: 

Only kidding!

I love aliexpress... spent waaaay to much money on there ( at leat 100 orders) but always do you due diligence.

Had a 100% delivery success and with  one order that I had an issue with, (cpu cooler with a 3 pin fan instead of a 4 pin) was refunded to the amount of a new fan within hours of submitting.

Only negative is delivery time. Dont expect it to arrive in a week... For me in Australia its average between 2- 4 weeks.

A little hint.  Go browsing and add stuff to your cart but dont buy it. You get notification when its on sale and you can get a better price on it. ( aliexpress is ALWAYS having sales run)  sometimes I have stuff sat in my cart for months and usually end up with a 30% off sale at some point!

Edited by stimpy

I recommend a particular seller and part for people, no problems, item takes about 9 business days to arrive.

I guess its just like ebay with good sellers and bad.  I think ebay buyer protection is better though.