Sheffield Referendum Tomorrow

38 minutes ago, butlers said:

The Heart of the City wins national awards for urban redevelopment.

The move to a sport city has brought the NIS sport here .

Is it an echo I hear?

1 hour ago, butlers said:

The Heart of the City wins national awards for urban redevelopment.

The move to a sport city has brought the NIS sport here .

Its managed the move from a decimated formerly heavy industrial based city to a more diverse economy.

There seems to be a very good relationship with the University of Sheffield with a view to development and the engagement with the wider city .The Festival of the Mind is a great attraction when it's on in town.

A city is never finished and there's a few critics on here while offering no answers to anything think the complex use declining revenues can provide some sort of nivarna .

I thought we were the City of sport when they built don valley stadium 

You are right the city of sport came on the back of the Student Games.

The late 80 s the city was on the floor.

42 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... I agree, it does seem a much fairer way of doing things!

But thinking about it...

... if we're letting 9 clowns run the circus now, just think what damage all 84 incompetents might cause! :suspect:

😂

Best not to mention the Student games on the How has Labour benefitted Sheffield thread 

Why ,I am not saying they are infallible.

At the time it was a brave thing to go ahead with at huge cost at the time 

But it set in chain a reinvention if what the city could be

2 hours ago, Consheff said:

So they tried to make the place look nicer but the question was what had labour done for this city? 

Ohh and that's worked well in Sheffield hasn't it tree fiasco Town centre down the train tax money wasted on away days and areas that act like black holes swallowing millions with no benefits to the rest of the city but yeah well keep voting them in madness 

So they tried to make the place look nicer !!!!!! ha ha stop it now I nearly spilt my tea,you are killing me now!!!

Who's  funding the referendum campaign.

2 hours ago, Consheff said:

Yup

So it's just party politics and I'm not bothered about Sheffield give your head a wobble I'm sure the question was what benefit has Labour Council done for Sheffield and all we seem to be getting are the problems Labour have caused 

You have been drinking haven't you !!!!!sorry about not giving my head a wobble but I'm still waiting for evidence about the stupid claim of every where labour is ,there is a crime ridden hell hole meanwhile tory areas are crime free YUP!!!!

11 minutes ago, butlers said:

Who's  funding the referendum campaign.

Political groups and failed candidates who seek influence by the back door.

Environmentalists flushed with 'tree success' from the south coast who saw an easyway to power and influence were joined by wanna be failed former candidates from  the Greens, Liberals and UKIP.

The necessary petition was allowed to include thousands of ineligible signatories from all over the world in order gain publicity and finally after years eventually they got the number Sheffield people required.

44 minutes ago, monzaman said:

You have been drinking haven't you !!!!!sorry about not giving my head a wobble but I'm still waiting for evidence about the stupid claim of every where labour is ,there is a crime ridden hell hole meanwhile tory areas are crime free YUP!!!!

Anything to add to the discussion ?

16 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Political groups and failed candidates who seek influence by the back door.

Environmentalists flushed with 'tree success' from the south coast who saw an easyway to power and influence were joined by wanna be failed former candidates from  the Greens, Liberals and UKIP.

The necessary petition was allowed to include thousands of ineligible signatories from all over the world in order gain publicity and finally after years eventually they got the number Sheffield people required.

I know I've heard that before, but unless councillors amenable to these 'peoples' ideals are elected, it ain't going to do them much good, is it?