Sheffield Referendum Tomorrow

5 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Have a drive round a few and you'll see.

So you can't answer my question, you are just making a claim that labour = crime ridden hellholes but tory doesn't ok fair enough !!!!!!!

If labour somehow causes high crime to develop how come over the last decade the Tories lost control of the last of their big city councils?

That seems curious.

2 minutes ago, monzaman said:

So you can't answer my question, you are just making a claim that labour = crime ridden hellholes but tory doesn't ok fair enough !!!!!!!

I have zero interest in the Tories, I wouldn't vote for them if they were the last party on earth, Labour are ten times worse. Look at our own city we now have a shooting virtually every other day, some parts of the town centre are absolutely disgraceful and the comparison to other cities is embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, butlers said:

If labour somehow causes high crime to develop how come over the last decade the Tories lost control of the last of their big city councils?

That seems curious.

So you think Labour have reduced crime in Sheffield?

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

Look at any city where Labour are involved and you'll see a crime ridden hellhole, they'd do the same to the whole country if they ever gain power, fortunately that's very highly unlikely, the problem for the electorate is that the opposition are nearly as godawful.

That's strange....When Labour were in power from 1997 onwards crime reduced significantly from a peak where it doubled under the Tories.

7 minutes ago, butlers said:

That seems curious.

good post

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

That's strange....When Labour were in power from 1997 onwards crime reduced significantly from a peak where it doubled under the Tories.

Don't go bringing facts into it, you will spoil the labour=crime ridden hellholes claims !!!!

I walk through town more or less everyday ,I don't even begin to recognize the place you think it is.

Last year the papers reported 11 murders in Sheffield a city of 480,000 plus.

I think historically murder rate is downs significantly from my teenage years of the 80s.

1 minute ago, butlers said:

I walk through town more or less everyday ,I don't even begin to recognize the place you think it is.

I think historically murder rate is downs significantly from my teenage years of the 80s.

Absolute nonsense, you hardly heard of gun crimes in the 80's.

1 minute ago, butlers said:

Again another one quoting facts, you will spoil the thread ☺️

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

Absolute nonsense, you hardly heard of gun crimes in the 80's.

So are you saying the murder rate is higher now or lower or are you saying just murder from guns counts, just curious that's all!!!!

Something to be proud of.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-55317688

3 minutes ago, monzaman said:

Again another one quoting facts, you will spoil the thread ☺️

So are you saying the murder rate is higher now or lower or are you saying just murder from guns counts, just curious that's all!!!!

Have you actually answered the OP's question yet?

Look at the trend not what is an outlier year

Go look at the ONS and many other studies by criminologists and the police.

If this year  6 people are murdered in Sheff ,I am not going to claim the city council has halved the murder rate.

8 minutes ago, top4718 said:

This link doesn't tell you the number of murders for all of the years between 2007 and now so I can't tell if murders have been rising apart from in the year mentioned when there was a rise in knife crime murders (which is very sad and tragic) so don't know the trend.

To help top out a bit, I think crime get's reported a lot more now and a lot quicker so it can appear we are over run with crime. I don't know how much crime went unreported in the "olden" days though.

Edited by monzaman

1 minute ago, monzaman said:

This link doesn't tell you the number of murders for all of the years between 2007 and now so I can't tell if murders have been rising apart from in the year mentioned when there was a rise in knife crime murders (which is very sad and tragic) so don't know the trend.

You asked for facts, the fact is its the highest since 2007, you claimed it wasn't any higher so your wrong.