Jump to content


Sheffield Referendum Tomorrow

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Oh please! :roll:


You yourself only returned to the forum on Tuesday after 6 years of inactivity!


I just thought now was a good time to mention it... :suspect:

Oh please🙄!!!! So I haven't posted for six years (thanks for checking by the way👍) what difference does that make. I haven't just joined to promote the party I support though have I ,just thought I would mention it😏 Also do you know me personally and the reasons behind my absence on here, Next time I decide to post I will pm you to book in ok 😆😆

7 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

You noticed, too, @Mr Bloke?

God It's like being at work, didn't realise you had to clock in and check with the management first 😆😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

You noticed, too, @Mr Bloke?

Hmmm... :huh:

 

Those of us who say the least often notice the most Mr Rolling. ;)

 

But I'm sure in this case, it's just a strange coincidence... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, monzaman said:

Oh please🙄!!!! So I haven't posted for six years (thanks for checking by the way👍) what difference does that make. I haven't just joined to promote the party I support though have I ,just thought I would mention it😏 Also do you know me personally and the reasons behind my absence on here, Next time I decide to post I will pm you to book in ok 😆😆

God It's like being at work, didn't realise you had to clock in and check with the management first 😆😆

You don't , but you should try being a little less aggressive - you, like me, have the right to voice your opinion, but constantly attacking others is not really useful. As you say , we don't know the reasons for the six-year gap, but I bet I can make an educated guess.

6 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

 

Those of us who say the least often notice the most Mr Rolling. ;)

 

But I'm sure in this case, it's just a strange coincidence... :)

Exactly - and of course it is a coincidence (of the amnesty):wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, monzaman said:

Oh please🙄!!!! So I haven't posted for six years (thanks for checking by the way👍) what difference does that make. I haven't just joined to promote the party I support though have I ,just thought I would mention it😏 Also do you know me personally and the reasons behind my absence on here, Next time I decide to post I will pm you to book in ok 😆😆

God It's like being at work, didn't realise you had to clock in and check with the management first 😆😆

Hmmm... :huh:


... don't be silly, there's no need to pm anyone to tell us the next time you're about to post.

 

We'll look forward to seeing you in 4 years time... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

 

Those of us who say the least often notice the most Mr Rolling. ;)

 

But I'm sure in this case, it's just a strange coincidence... :)

God, I'm trying to get some work done here😁, so can I post after six years or not 👍

3 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:


... don't be silly, there's no need to pm anyone to tell us the next time you're about to post.

 

We'll look forward to seeing you in 4 years time... ;)

Thanks for that👍

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

You don't , but you should try being a little less aggressive - you, like me, have the right to voice your opinion, but constantly attacking others is not really useful. As you say , we don't know the reasons for the six-year gap, but I bet I can make an educated guess.

Exactly - and of course it is a coincidence (of the amnesty):wink:

I'm not aggressive in the slightest, I help pheasants across the road, I love my mum, give to charity and answer people politely just like now old chap, have a nice day🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it’s only a local election - but anyone who can see the absolute disgrace of a tory party government we currently  have  - and still go and tick a box of a councillor representing them - must be a victim of gaslighting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, makapaka said:

I know it’s only a local election - but anyone who can see the absolute disgrace of a tory party government we currently  have  - and still go and tick a box of a councillor representing them - must be a victim of gaslighting.

Absolutely!

However, I will not be voting for the incumbent, nor a regressive candidate. Also, for a committee system.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, makapaka said:

I know it’s only a local election - but anyone who can see the absolute disgrace of a tory party government we currently  have  - and still go and tick a box of a councillor representing them - must be a victim of gaslighting.

I agree entirely.

But does Sheffield have any Tory councillors? I thought it didn't. 

 

I believe Labour is neck and neck with the Lib Dems in Sheffield so voting this time may make a difference one way or the other.

 

What with the tree debacle etc, I shall be voting for the 'Committee' system in the referendum vote anyway. I think it's fairer, and more like a PR system (Proportional Representation.)

We have to do something to get Sheffield on the move again. We also have a new young go getting Chief Executive by the name of Kate Josephs as well. She might make a difference.

Edited by Anna B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also voted for the committee system. 
 

think it will work better for the city as a whole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not having read all the posts I'm not sure if this has been covered.

Has anyone else on here elected to vote by post and not received the papers. I know there has been a printing error but we were assured everyone would receive them in time.

Well we have not. Really annoyed about this and  having e mailed elections@sheffield.gov.uk surprisingly as yet no reply😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, forgeman said:

Not having read all the posts I'm not sure if this has been covered.

Has anyone else on here elected to vote by post and not received the papers. I know there has been a printing error but we were assured everyone would receive them in time.

Well we have not. Really annoyed about this and  having e mailed elections@sheffield.gov.uk surprisingly as yet no reply😡

Can you still go up to your polling station? Maybe you could talk to them.

There may be some  way of registering your vote, or if the papers arrive after the 6th May, sending them in late. I don't know but it might be worth a shot. I know they were having difficulty with postal votes so there might be quite a lot of you in the same boat.

Edited by Anna B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, forgeman said:

Not having read all the posts I'm not sure if this has been covered.

Has anyone else on here elected to vote by post and not received the papers. I know there has been a printing error but we were assured everyone would receive them in time.

Well we have not. Really annoyed about this and  having e mailed elections@sheffield.gov.uk surprisingly as yet no reply😡

This is disgusting . I read somewhere that the council apologised  for the late delivery of up to ten thousand postal vote papers but added that most of them should be delivered today . Also one chap said he had not got his papers and when he complained  the council sent them to him in a taxi  .Surely they have had enough time to sort this out as the elections were supposed to be last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

X