Sheffield Referendum Tomorrow

12 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Can you still go up to your polling station? Maybe you could talk to them.

There may be some  way of registering your vote, or if the papers arrive after the 6th May, sending them in late. I don't know but it might be worth a shot. I know they were having difficulty with postal votes so there might be quite a lot of you in the same boat.

I looked into this possibility but no can do. Voting closes at 10pm and that's it done all but the counting. I shall be contacting the winning councillor when we know who it is. My niece is overseeing at here voting station and she says the same.

16 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

This is disgusting . I read somewhere that the council apologised  for the late delivery of up to ten thousand postal vote papers but added that most of them should be delivered today . Also one chap said he had not got his papers and when he complained  the council sent them to him in a taxi  .Surely they have had enough time to sort this out as the elections were supposed to be last year.

The taxi idea is OK but the cost would exorbitant if there are hundreds or even thousand like me.

The taxi idea is not ok , its wrong . Unless the chief executive paid for it out of her own pocket .

35 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Also one chap said he had not got his papers and when he complained  the council sent them to him in a taxi  .

TAXI - have they not got a number of council vehicles, which would be cheaper?

9 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

TAXI - have they not got a number of council vehicles, which would be cheaper?

It would make sense but then again they have had months to plan this and got it wrong .

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

It would make sense but then again they have had months to plan this and got it wrong .

It would, but we must remember we are talking about the City Council here.

26 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

It would, but we must remember we are talking about the City Council here.

Never mind , see what we wake up with . Hopefully good news , if not just carry on . 

The Referendum counting is not due to start until tomorrow (Monday), anyway- so we need to wait a little longer...

The referendum has chosen the committee system by 2/3 to 1/3.

Oh good grief.

Even more cooks spoiling the broth. Another extra layer of incompetent opinionated bureaucrats squabbling over everything causing delays until nothing gets done at all.

I really don't feel this outcome is going to give people the changes and progress they thought it would.

How to shoot yourself in the foot.

What a mess for the Greens and LibDems one minute they win control through a coalition - success!

Then they throw away power by giving it up in never ending committee meetings- fail!

28 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

How to shoot yourself in the foot.

What a mess for the Greens and LibDems one minute they win control through a coalition - success!

Then they throw away power by giving it up in never ending committee meetings- fail!

Hardly. Beforehand, they couldn't have known for certain that they'd win control. Perhaps it seemed like a good insurance policy at the time. After all, they didn't exactly sweep the board.

3 hours ago, dave_the_m said:

The referendum has chosen the committee system by 2/3 to 1/3.

Our local labour councillor has already informed the locals via facebook that the voters didn't understand what they were voting for and therefore this will be a disaster!