Sheffield Referendum Tomorrow

7 minutes ago, top4718 said:

You asked for facts, the fact is its the highest since 2007, you claimed it wasn't any higher so your wrong.

Yes It is highest for one year  since 2007 you are correct, what are the figures for the other 13 yrs since 2007 and how many were killed with guns which you mentioned as now more common so we can see if it has been falling or not. So what did labour do or not do specifically last year to increase the murder rate!!!!

By the way I'm not sure it was me who said the murder rate was lower did I ? I just want to know if these crime ridden hellholes are just a labour thing or not and if any tory areas classify as such.

Edited by monzaman

But picking one year, sad though the total is means nothing.

Just now, monzaman said:

Yes It is highest for one year  since 2007 you are correct, what are the figures for the other 13 yrs since 2007 and how many were killed with guns which you mentioned as now more common so we can see if it has been falling or not. So what did labour do or not do specifically last year to increase the murder rate!!!!

I mentioned guns as I've rarely heard of gun crime in Sheffield up until the last few years now its weekly, a gun crime doesn't have to be a murder.

Have you answered the OP's question yet or are you still trying to disclaim facts?

Just now, butlers said:

But picking one year, sad though the total is means nothing.

The year in question was 2020 and the highest since 2017, this year will probably be higher still.

8 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I mentioned guns as I've rarely heard of gun crime in Sheffield up until the last few years now its weekly, a gun crime doesn't have to be a murder.

Have you answered the OP's question yet or are you still trying to disclaim facts?

The year in question was 2020 and the highest since 2017, this year will probably be higher still.

can you answer my question about "crime ridden hell holes" and Labour !!!!!

"disclaim Facts" !!!!!!Ha Ha 

Answer the OP ,who just joined on here to start a party political broadcast on behalf of the tory party and when challenged about his claims called one poster a numpty!!! yeh right!!!

Edited by monzaman

ONS

2.Trends in homicide

There were 695 victims of homicide in the year ending March 2020

"However, from the peak in the year ending March 20021, the volume of homicides generally decreased while the population of England and Wales continued to grow. This led to a fall in the homicide rate to a low point of 8.8 per million population in the year ending March 2015. The rate then increased until the year ending March 2018 (11.9) before a fall in the following year (11.0)"

The 2002 peak year was 15 homicides per 100,000.

3 minutes ago, butlers said:

ONS

2.Trends in homicide

There were 695 victims of homicide in the year ending March 2020

"However, from the peak in the year ending March 20021, the volume of homicides generally decreased while the population of England and Wales continued to grow. This led to a fall in the homicide rate to a low point of 8.8 per million population in the year ending March 2015. The rate then increased until the year ending March 2018 (11.9) before a fall in the following year (11.0)"

The 2002 peak year was 15 homicides per 100,000.

So the trend is falling but isn't it sad in a developed country in the 21st century we still have that many murders.

I remember doing my schoolwork in the 80s and the Home Office numbers for homicide were 700 - 750 a year.

Population was 51 million it's now 68 .

We are safer.

6 minutes ago, butlers said:

I remember doing my schoolwork in the 80s and the Home Office numbers for homicide were 700 - 750 a year.

Population was 51 million it's now 68 .

We are safer.

Do you really believe what you are typing there?

32 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Do you really believe what you are typing there?

Data can tell us a lot about violence and crime.

Data comes with a statement of limitation which describes things like method and accuracy and very importantly challenged.

There is no requirement to "believe" data, but you can use it. It is real.

Can Labour stop the rot or will their chickens come home to roost 

21 hours ago, monzaman said:

Ha Ha , I didn't know that, I bet if the forum had been around in those days some on here would have been praising  them for doing that and saying "at last someone doing what the local people want" LOL

So they tried to make the place look nicer but the question was what had labour done for this city? 

20 hours ago, butlers said:

Gets better still ,so a councilor/ MP can only serve one term?

Just as they will have become knowledgeable about their subject and built alliances to get things done,you want them out ?

Let em serve as long as they want, if they are doing a bad job their constituents can remove them.

Ohh and that's worked well in Sheffield hasn't it tree fiasco Town centre down the train tax money wasted on away days and areas that act like black holes swallowing millions with no benefits to the rest of the city but yeah well keep voting them in madness 

18 hours ago, top4718 said:

Look at any city where Labour are involved and you'll see a crime ridden hellhole, they'd do the same to the whole country if they ever gain power, fortunately that's very highly unlikely, the problem for the electorate is that the opposition are nearly as godawful.

Yup

17 hours ago, monzaman said:

can you answer my question about "crime ridden hell holes" and Labour !!!!!

"disclaim Facts" !!!!!!Ha Ha 

Answer the OP ,who just joined on here to start a party political broadcast on behalf of the tory party and when challenged about his claims called one poster a numpty!!! yeh right!!! 

So it's just party politics and I'm not bothered about Sheffield give your head a wobble I'm sure the question was what benefit has Labour Council done for Sheffield and all we seem to be getting are the problems Labour have caused