Sheffield Referendum Tomorrow

I was just thinking Labour has had control of Sheffield for donkey's years apart from a lib dem blip compare Sheffield to other cities and were miles behind we seem to have wasted taxes trying to fix imported problems that can't be fixed instead of spending the tax revenue on bettering our city all round so I ask are there any benefit to being a labour city these days because we seem to have lost out whilst Conservative citys don't seem to be doing so bad is there any point shooting yourself in the foot to spite yourself 

Imported problems being migrants? 

Labour, Conservative, LibDem etc are all useless. Mostly in it for themselves, their families and friends. 

Edited by The_DADDY

52 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Imported problems being migrants? 

Labour, Conservative, LibDem etc are all useless. Mostly in it for themselves, their families and friends. 

Meh, one of the Chief reasons I voted remain for Brexit 5 years ago was because unlike a LOT of leave voters (IMO) I don't have a big axe to grind against immigrants, apart from that I can't talk to Foreign call centres because they don't understand my strong local accent.

Also, the local Labour man for Sheffield Central, Mr Paul Blomfield, seems to be a nice enough bloke, and has responded personally to several emails I've sent him on various issues, most noteably that time I got stuck in Town when Wednesday played Millwall, I didn't feel safe on a Middlewood bound Tram full of rowdy Millwall fans, so I got off on West St, then my mobile died, I'd got my green Lanyard on which tells everybody I'm disabled, I went up to a local Policeman to explain my problem, he was neither use nor ornament and that's being kind! :loopy: 

Anyway when I finally arrived Home I sent a long email to Mr Blomfield explaining my problem with the Plod, and he said they weren't trained to recognise the green thingy, and he'd mention it to local Police Bosses anonymously on my behalf.

Good result overall :D 

Edited by Mr Allen
More detail.

If you don't change out the administration every so often there's no incentive for the politicians to actually put some effort into improving the city for people.

They'll just sit on their arse playing party politics safe in the knowledge the public will happily vote them back in next time.

Chuck the lot out, get some fresh blood in.  You may well find they are much more enthusiastic to improve peoples lives.

6 minutes ago, geared said:

If you don't change out the administration every so often there's no incentive for the politicians to actually put some effort into improving the city for people.

They'll just sit on their arse playing party politics safe in the knowledge the public will happily vote them back in next time.

Chuck the lot out, get some fresh blood in.  You may well find they are much more enthusiastic to improve peoples lives.

Who else would make things different though? They all literally pee in the same pot! :D 

1 hour ago, Consheff said:

I was just thinking Labour has had control of Sheffield for donkey's years apart from a lib dem blip compare Sheffield to other cities and were miles behind we seem to have wasted taxes trying to fix imported problems that can't be fixed instead of spending the tax revenue on bettering our city all round so I ask are there any benefit to being a labour city these days because we seem to have lost out whilst Conservative citys don't seem to be doing so bad is there any point shooting yourself in the foot to spite yourself 

Let me get this straight,your user name is CONsheff, you joined in May and you are slagging the Labour council LOL LOL, are party political broadcasts by the party of sleaze now allowed on here!!!!!!!!!

To be honest  i could be a convict of sheff and Labour sheff need no slaggin off they are pants! They have run Sheffield into the ground. My question was can you name any benefits but you went straight to assassination of my profile name 

33 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Who else would make things different though? They all literally pee in the same pot! :D 

I suggest with give someone a go who hasnt had a chance in donkeys years they can't do much worse greens cons whatever the brexit party are called now but I doubt they could do much worse than the Labour of the past ten years 

3 minutes ago, Consheff said:

To be honest  i could be a convict of sheff and Labour sheff need no slaggin off they are pants! They have run Sheffield into the ground. My question was can you name any benefits but you went straight to assassination of my profile name 

I suggest with give someone a go who hasnt had a chance in donkeys years they can't do much worse greens cons whatever the brexit party are called now but I doubt they could do much worse than the Labour of the past ten years 

So you haven't just joined in time for the local elections and your user name isn't to do with you being a tory then OK!!!!!!!

Further more I don't think labour have run Sheffield  into the ground .

Am I right in thinking there are no local Conservative councilors in the city?

34 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Never under-estimate the strength of a politicians self-preservation instinct.

They might all be the same, but if it means losing their place at the table most will bend over backwards to keep their nose in the trough. 

2 hours ago, Consheff said:

I was just thinking Labour has had control of Sheffield for donkey's years apart from a lib dem blip

The Conservatives were in control of Sheffield Council from 1968 until 1969.  One of their "innovations" was to have all of the wheels on the city's bus fleet (Council controlled in those days) repainted blue....

Being a local councilor is hardly a route to a life of luxury.

Takes more altruism than most can manage to dedicate your life to your local community.

Quiet heroes in my book ,in my dealings with them