Sms Spam From Sheffield Taxi Company

I've just had three unsolicited text messages from a Sheffield taxi company. I won't name them as I don't want to risk giving them business.

Just to let the company know, You're breaking the law by sending unsolicited spam text messages and so I've reported you the to ICO.

If anyone else gets any similar messages you can report them to the ICO via this page.

Are they unsolicited though or have you signed up for their app and not read the T&Cs where you agreed to give them permission to contact you by SMS with marketing messages... 

3 hours ago, Resident said:

Are they unsolicited though or have you signed up for their app and not read the T&Cs where you agreed to give them permission to contact you by SMS with marketing messages... 

I know what unsolicited means. I'd never even heard of the company until I received the messages and my number is registered with the TPS.

3 hours ago, altus said:

I know what unsolicited means. I'd never even heard of the company until I received the messages and my number is registered with the TPS.

I wish being registered with TPS made a blind bit of difference! So am I but everyday I get at least 1 unsolicited message and lord knows how many phone calls, almost always from 0114 to make you think someone local is calling you.

But my philosophy is that life's too short to worry about such trivial things.  

I get the SMS Message recordings to the landline two or three times daily 😠

We actually stopped answering the landline for months as there were so many scammers, One that was persistent was that they were going to turn the internet off, What gets me is that they try time after time after time, Surely, If you don't fall for it the first time then you're hardly going to go for it after multiple times over months and not being turned off!!🤨

Biggsy 👍

19 hours ago, altus said:

I've just had three unsolicited text messages from a Sheffield taxi company. I won't name them as I don't want to risk giving them business.

Just to let the company know, You're breaking the law by sending unsolicited spam text messages and so I've reported you the to ICO.

If anyone else gets any similar messages you can report them to the ICO via this page.

My daughter got one of these yesterday. She just blocked the number and so far no more spam texts 

Ill pass on your link in case she gets any more though 👍

7 hours ago, altus said:

TPS is a complete waste of time IMO, most of the numbers that call are not in the UK.

8 hours ago, altus said:

It's highly likely that you've signed up for a service, potentially with another firm that maybe affliated with this one that's texting you. You probably failed to read the T&Cs where it would have most likely specified that you were agreeing to your contact details being shared to 3rd parties within a similar field. 

TPS is absolutely toothless.

3 minutes ago, Resident said:

It's highly likely that you've signed up for a service, potentially with another firm that maybe affliated with this one that's texting you. You probably failed to read the T&Cs where it would have most likely specified that you were agreeing to your contact details being shared to 3rd parties within a similar field. 

TPS is absolutely toothless.

My bold. 

Not necessarily. My daughter hasn't signed up for anything yet still got the spam text. 

8 minutes ago, Resident said:

It's absolutely certain you're talking nonsense. I don't even use my phone for accessing the internet let alone download random apps and/or sign up for things.

Do you run an SMS spamming operation or something?

35 minutes ago, altus said:

It's absolutely certain you're talking nonsense. I don't even use my phone for accessing the internet let alone download random apps and/or sign up for things.

They got your number from somewhere, and given it’s a Sheffield taxi firm, and I assume you are in or around Sheffield, the statements about affiliated marketing consent will most likely be correct. Failed to read the small print and opt out or in somewhere.

1 hour ago, altus said:

No.  I do, however, from experience, both personal and professional, know that a extremely high percentile of people often sign up to things, click "I agree to the terms & conditions" having not read them, on occasion myself included. The agressive defensiveness of your retort makes me certain you're within that percentile.