People On Uc Offered Half Price Fibre Bb From Bt Next Month.

BT says it is speeding up its rollout of full-fibre broadband to five million more households than previously planned in a move it says could create up to 7,000 jobs.

Boss Philip Jansen told the BBC that BT is also bringing forward its deadline to complete the work, with 25 million homes now due to be connected by 2026.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57091063

I have a question about the above, re a possible positive knock on effect to customers with mobile plans.

My previous provider told me that most mobile plans include unlimited minutes now, not just unlimited tx. They said that the main cost tends to be the data part of the mob plan.

If there is a vast increase in homes having BB, will this eventually  bring down  the cost of mobile plans? In theory there may be  less reliance on mobile data?

1 hour ago, Janus said:

I have a question about the above, re a possible positive knock on effect to customers with mobile plans.

My previous provider told me that most mobile plans include unlimited minutes now, not just unlimited tx. They said that the main cost tends to be the data part of the mob plan.

If there is a vast increase in homes having BB, will this eventually  bring down  the cost of mobile plans? In theory there may be  less reliance on mobile data?

Unlikely, especially when teenagers are out all the time after June 21st and will need surgically removing from their phones! :loopy: 

1 hour ago, Mr Allen said:

Unlikely, especially when teenagers are out all the time after June 21st

There is nothing stopping teenagers going out all the time now, as for the rest of your argument it isn't really worth replying to.

Edited by HeHasRisen

On 03/05/2021 at 13:26, Mr Allen said:

Meh, I ditched Talk Talk 6 months ago in favour of Plusnet because I couldn't talk to TT's Foreign call centres! And now Plusnet don't answer the phone for half an hour! :loopy: 

OK  I get that everyone's working remotely due to the Pandemic including their support staff but come on!

Also, I was on BT dial up 20 years ago and the service was a joke and customer "support" (and I use the term very loosely! :rant: ) was a nightmare.

Yes, strange they they answer the mobile help line straight away

btw, why are BT doing this, post covid kudos? is there a business case for it,

great though.

On 03/05/2021 at 13:57, Mr Allen said:

I'd hope most would be savvy enough to avoid BT in the first place, Foreign call centres, rubbish service in general... 

I really value Plusnets UK customer service, no xeno, just clarity, helps they are mostly based in my home town.

15 minutes ago, gamezone07 said:

great though.

I really value Plusnets UK customer service, no xeno, just clarity, helps they are mostly based in my home town.

I can't fault them, apart from the fact because they're all working remotely from Home so it takes them up to half an hour to answer the phone sometimes, good job it's an 0800 number.

21 hours ago, Mr Allen said:

Unlikely, especially when teenagers are out all the time after June 21st and will need surgically removing from their phones! :loopy: 

😂

But I never see any injuries on their forehead.....or damage to lampposts. 

23 hours ago, gamezone07 said:

They had a similar plan before for people on low incomes, think it was called basics.

11 minutes ago, apelike said:

They had a similar plan before for people on low incomes, think it was called basics.

Yes - BT Basic, but the conditions for getting it were (I think, but could be wrong) were slightly different. I had it for a short while many, many years ago, and the hoops I had to jump through were numerous, and in those days it was phone only.

Edited by RollingJ