People On Uc Offered Half Price Fibre Bb From Bt Next Month.

32 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

A measly 20 quid increase for the Millions on UC? Hardly worth the effort IMO, especially when it'd cost them more than that in admin to administer it! :loopy: 

That was per week or something though.... so an extra £100 / month for those on UC....

12 hours ago, Ghozer said:

That was per week or something though.... so an extra £100 / month for those on UC....

5 weeks in a month now? 😱

why is it an issue - is it envy because their broadband could be cheaper?

As an opposing question why did we give all NHS and support workers discounts in supermarkets and free mobile data/calling packages ?

10 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

5 weeks in a month now? 😱

You know what I meant......  dont be so picky!!!

Edited by Ghozer

Just now, Ghozer said:

You know what I meant......  doing be so picky!!!

Surely you mean "don't be so picky" 😁

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Surely you mean "don't be so picky" 😁

obviously... happens when you are doing 5 things at once! :)

I'm paying about £5 a month more for slower broadband than TT with Zen but the connection is faster. Why? Because unlike TT you get a static IP address. PS4 game connection is faster than when I was with TT. Zen uses home based help centre staff working from home and if you are in a queue you are continually updated as to where you are. Not only that when you do get through you are talking to someone with IT knowledge not call centre staff working to a script. Only had to call them a few times during the change over from TT but can't praise them highly enough. It's like everything else - you get what you pay for,

Edited by swarfendor437
Typo

37 minutes ago, swarfendor437 said:

I'm paying about £5 a month more for slower broadband than TT with Zen but the connection is faster. Why? Because unlike TT you get a static IP address. PS4 game connection is faster than when I was with TT. Zen uses home based help centre staff working from home and if you are in a queue you are continually updated as to where you are. Not only that when you do get through you are talking to someone with IT knowledge not call centre staff working to a script. Only had to call them a few times during the change over from TT but can't praise them highly enough. It's like everything else - you get what you pay for,

Do you mean you were on 80/20 with TT and now 40/10 with Zen, Swarf?

I'll be joining you soon, but from Plusnet - mainly because their support is falling through the floor. Fortunately I've not needed it for a couple of years, but I'm fed-up of being an unpaid member of their 'Help Team'.

Edited by RollingJ

I pay maybe 20£ pm for same speed BB. I’m currently with EE, but every 18 months (as minimum term contract expires) I switch between EE and Plusnet (find them both reliable and good customer service). Every time I switch I sign up via TopCashBack and get around 70£ to 80£ cash back, which if you factor in monthly cost of BB of around 23£, it comes out to around 20£ pm.

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I pay maybe 20£ pm for same speed BB. I’m currently with EE, but every 18 months (as minimum term contract expires) I switch between EE and Plusnet (find them both reliable and good customer service). Every time I switch I sign up via TopCashBack and get around 70£ to 80£ cash back, which if you factor in monthly cost of BB of around 23£, it comes out to around 20£ pm.

@Waldo - not being funny, and it pains me to say so after being a very satisfied customer for 9+ years,  wouldn't recommend Plusnet now.

Edited by RollingJ

16 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

@Waldo - not being funny, and it pains me to say so after being a very satisfied customer for 9+ years,  wouldn't recommend Plusnet now.

I'm a current Plusnet customer for the second time, only reason I left the first time was because I was still in contract with Talk Talk for the Landline, that contract ended just under 6 months ago, so I gave 30 days notice as soon as I could on both Fibre and Landline, and have had very few problems.

@Mr AllenI've had very few in the time I've been with them -possibly because I've been using computers before the WWW was invented, and worked with my (ex)employers IT department for many years on systems development &c, so I know a bit more of how things work than your average home user.

If I've had the very occasional reason to contact them (last time was over 2 years ago), they have been competent, but since the start of the current pandemic they have deteriorated markedly. A lot of this is because they are now the 'budget' brand of the BT stable and have (a) been starved of investment and (b) had BT (badly) trained management imposed on them, with the accompanying BT attitude of 'sod the customer' which seems to have followed them from the old Post Office Telephones environment. They, BT, are the only utility provider I know who still cling to early 20th century practices.