Ebay Problem!

Above.

I bought what I thought was a cordless phone from Curry's PC World on eBay yesterday, it's come today (surprising, the sale receipt on eBay said delivery on Saturday the 8th!) and actually isn't a cordless phone but a charger for one! :loopy:  :rant:

Do I have any recourse under the SoGA? (Sale of Goods Act) as it wasn't what it showed on the sales page on eBay?

This is it

Helpful responses only please.

Edited by Mr Allen
Adding closing tag to link code

I would say contact seller and explain they have sent you wrong item  most sellers are reasonable and they might offer to send you correct item or offer you a full refund 

2 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

I would say contact seller and explain they have sent you wrong item  most sellers are reasonable and they might offer to send you correct item or offer you a full refund 

I'll contact the seller and see what they say then.

Don’t worry do as said above and if you don’t get any joy eBay find in favour of the buyer 99% of the time.

Contact the seller first.. Currys on eBay and await their response, if not satisfied contact eBay. Whichever way you should get a refund or replacement.

Currys are normally pretty good on resolving issues with Ebay purchases

Clearly they've made a **** up, i'm sure they'll send you a replacement without too much hassle 

I think you should contact the seller through ebay. 

You do this by going to your Orders Page, on the right hand side opposite your order select More Actions, then Contact Seller.  Click on I've received an item that is not as described, and submit that.

What happens then is that your message is sent to the supplier, while the ebay system "listens in" to what is happening, and intervenes if neccessary.  Far more likely is that Currys will rectify their mistake, especially as you are willing to send them back (at their cost) the incorrect item as well.

I'd expect this to be easily resolved through ebay.

Good luck!

24 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I think you should contact the seller through ebay. 

You do this by going to your Orders Page, on the right hand side opposite your order select More Actions, then Contact Seller.  Click on I've received an item that is not as described, and submit that.

What happens then is that your message is sent to the supplier, while the ebay system "listens in" to what is happening, and intervenes if neccessary.  Far more likely is that Currys will rectify their mistake, especially as you are willing to send them back (at their cost) the incorrect item as well.

I'd expect this to be easily resolved through ebay.

Good luck!

I did all that, but obviously it's Bank Holiday Monday so it'll be at least tomorrow when I get a response.

1 minute ago, Mr Allen said:

I did all that, but obviously it's Bank Holiday Monday so it'll be at least tomorrow when I get a response.

I think you've done everything right then, you just need to wait a couple of days or so.  I'm confident it will be sorted shortly, when people get back to work. 

All the best!

Turns out the one who made the **** up was me, Mum found the phone handset in the bottom of the box as she was packing the whole thing up to send it back! I'd given negative on eBay for wrong delivery and everything! :loopy: 

Feel free to insult me, just don't go too far else I'll have to get the Mods in :D 

43 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

Turns out the one who made the **** up was me, Mum found the phone handset in the bottom of the box as she was packing the whole thing up to send it back! I'd given negative on eBay for wrong delivery and everything! :loopy: 

Feel free to insult me, just don't go too far else I'll have to get the Mods in :D 

Oops. 

Ah well we all make mistakes. Well done for admitting your error. Many wouldn't have. 

You'll sort the feedback out though won't you? 

22 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Oops. 

Ah well we all make mistakes. Well done for admitting your error. Many wouldn't have. 

You'll sort the feedback out though won't you? 

I would if I knew how to retract negative? I've been buying and selling on eBay for about 23 years and never had to retract feedback?