Ebay Problem!

1 hour ago, Mr Allen said:

Turns out the one who made the **** up was me, Mum found the phone handset in the bottom of the box as she was packing the whole thing up to send it back! I'd given negative on eBay for wrong delivery and everything! :loopy: 

Feel free to insult me, just don't go too far else I'll have to get the Mods in :D 

No insult necessary - we've all done ****-ups at one time or another. 

If you can't work out how to withdraw the negative feedback, do the best you can.  Certainly try the Help and Contact button, preferably when viewing the item you bought.  That way, I would guess ebay would know which order you were referring to.  You could also try the Contact Seller button on the order and explain the situation.  One way or the other I hope you can un-do the error.  Credit to you for trying.  As other posters have said, many would not bother!

Well I contacted them by phone this week to tell them the issue is now resolved, and they sent me an email yesterday saying they're sending a replacement phone, which I now don't need! I tried to ring up as soon as I got the email, and got nowhere, so now when the "replacement" phone comes next week I'll have to send it back, at my own expense! :loopy: 

IMO I did the right thing and owned up to my original mistake, they've now messed up and ignored it and are still sending a replacement for a product that was never mislaid in the flippin' first place! :loopy: 

If I was you, I'd write it all down in great detail, then consider selling the rights to it.  I've seen comedy sit-coms with worse plots than this!

So Curry's PC World have sent me another phone, which arrived about an hour ago, even though I specifically rang 'em up last week to tell them the issue was resolved and we'd found the original handset! :loopy: 

So someone somewhere along the line has messed up and not passed my message on! :loopy: 

26 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

So Curry's PC World have sent me another phone, which arrived about an hour ago, even though I specifically rang 'em up last week to tell them the issue was resolved and we'd found the original handset! :loopy: 

So someone somewhere along the line has messed up and not passed my message on! :loopy: 

Have you considered the replacement phone could have been sent before you notified them you found the original one? 

7 hours ago, Mr Allen said:

Take it back to a curry’s /pc world store local to you and explain what’s happened.   They may help you out by sending it back to their distribution place along with any other returns they may be sending back 

1 hour ago, rudds1 said:

Take it back to a curry’s /pc world store local to you and explain what’s happened.   They may help you out by sending it back to their distribution place along with any other returns they may be sending back 

Good idea, plus it's an excuse to pop down to Meadowhall tomorrow weather permitting :D 

12 hours ago, rudds1 said:

They'll be entirely different departments.

On 11/05/2021 at 07:27, probedb said:

They'll be entirely different departments.

They are, we went down to PC World at Meadowhall Retail Park yesterday, I explained the problem, and the assistant rang somebody up and they said that eBay purchases couldn't be returned instore! Eh? Why the heck didn't they tell me that when I spent 20 minutes on the phone to them last week?! :loopy: 

Anyway they're coming between 9 and 17.00 tomorrow to collect the non required second phone (which is still all nicely packed up)

2 hours ago, Mr Allen said:

Why the heck didn't they tell me that when I spent 20 minutes on the phone to them last week?! :loopy: 

Because you didn't ask them? 

Well the guy from DPD arrived this lunch time to collect the thing :D 

The whole issue is resolved now.

Glad to hear it. 

Did you have any luck changing the feedback?