Jump to content


Manchester Protest

Recommended Posts

I wonder how many points United will get deducted for forcing the cancellation of their match with Liverpool?

Not once did Neville say it was wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ukdobby said:

I wonder how many points United will get deducted for forcing the cancellation of their match with Liverpool?

Not once did Neville say it was wrong.

Come off it - they are one of the "Big 6" that still run the PL - they can't lose points.  Horror of horrors - it may stop them playing in Europe, and we all know that won't happen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot condone the violence but I fully support the protest. 

 

Football fans should all be united against the money grabbers in the game. The game doesn't belong to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

I cannot condone the violence but I fully support the protest. 

 

Football fans should all be united against the money grabbers in the game. The game doesn't belong to them. 

The violent antics of "football fans" are part of the reason I stopped following football in general years ago! :rant: 

 

Just like the ongoing feud between Owls and Leeds fans! Madness! :loopy: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Football has been professional for a hundred years, ceased to be a "working class" game in the 80s and the Premier League became an international product on it foundation.

 

Bleating by fans when success is elusive has always existed.

However we now have organised mobs who think that it is OK to steal, hurt, damage and intimidate ordinary working people.

The mob at Old Trafford are only motivated by jealousy of Manchester City and there relative lack of success.

 

The dodgy financial and human rights backgrounds of some of the Russian, Chinese, Malaysian,  Saudi  etc owners does not appear to bother most fans.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/05/2021 at 07:21, ukdobby said:

I wonder how many points United will get deducted for forcing the cancellation of their match with Liverpool?

Not once did Neville say it was wrong.

None, because the police cancelled the game and not the club. Thems the rules, apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

None, because the police cancelled the game and not the club. Thems the rules, apparently.

The way I heard it on Sky Sports News, it was both clubs in consultation with the Poilce and.... some other body I missed - probably the PL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

The way I heard it on Sky Sports News, it was both clubs in consultation with the Poilce and.... some other body I missed - probably the PL

I suspect the real reason was Sky Sports itself.  A delayed kick off would have meant a clash with the match kicking off at 19:15.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard some fans ranting about "its their club" - no it isn't. It belongs to the guy financing it,and paying the salaries and transfer fees - obviously from the profitable business that he/they bought.

 

Those guilty of breaking in and committing damage should be banned for life from all football, then it certainly won't be their club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, willman said:

I heard some fans ranting about "its their club" - no it isn't. It belongs to the guy financing it,and paying the salaries and transfer fees - obviously from the profitable business that he/they bought.

 

Those guilty of breaking in and committing damage should be banned for life from all football, then it certainly won't be their club.

I stopped following football in general years ago but I totally agree. anyone convicted of football hooliganism should be banned for life from every football ground in the known Universe IMO.

 

Also, I've been saying for years that to stop people who do football hooliganism in t'first place, they should close all the pubs before, during and after the games, especially to away fans, they become hooligans after downing about 6 or 7 Pints pre game, and then if their team loses they proceed to get even more drunk, and then that's when they start causing problems for the Plod.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This issue about 'football hooligans' is blown totally out of proportion. 

 

It's an old fashioned, lazy argument.

 

I've been a season ticket holder at the Lane for years and in the past 20 years (or probably following Hillsborough) I have witnessed hardly any football violence. 

 

There is probably more violence committed domestically than there is at our football grounds.

 

That domestic violence could well be fueled by cheap booze at suprermarkets. These supermarkets go well under the radar because nearly everyone takes advantage of their cheap price policy. 

 

It's dead easy to blame the publican and his / her pub. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

X