Blades V Spurs

20 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Just compare their record full stop .

or just do as bladeinontario says and compare them next season FULL STOP !!!!!

21 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Just compare their record full stop .

I was trying to compare age wise Rhodes had scored  over

150 at a similar age sorry if I am wrong ..

29 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I was trying to compare age wise Rhodes had scored  over

150 at a similar age sorry if I am wrong ..

He was a year older and all of them in the third tier or below. His did get four away goals in a game at Hillsborough though.

Got it wrong then sorry  my mistake 

The 20 million was spent for him to score and keep you in the premier and both failed,I don't think Wilder bought him to outscore Rhodes in the championship next season.

25 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

The 20 million was spent for him to score and keep you in the premier and both failed,I don't think Wilder bought him to outscore Rhodes in the championship next season.

Wilder bought him as a prospect and took a chance on him hence why only 20 million which is peanuts for a striker in the prem as you well know. He was hoping one of our many other strikers might have found a bit of form which of course they didn't. Rhodes was bought to be your main striker  and score most of your goals which he didn't . So now we have to find out whether Brewster will get regular game time in the championship and find the form he had at Swansea.

13 minutes ago, monzaman said:

Wilder bought him as a prospect and took a chance on him hence why only 20 million which is peanuts for a striker in the prem as you well know. He was hoping one of our many other strikers might have found a bit of form which of course they didn't. Rhodes was bought to be your main striker  and score most of your goals which he didn't . So now we have to find out whether Brewster will get regular game time in the championship and find the form he had at Swansea.

You don't use the limited funds your chairman has given you to sign a "prospect" when you're in the midst of the worst start to a season in 132 years of English League football, that's nonsense, he was bought as your main striker as it was clear the other £20m man (McBurnie) was totally out of his depth.

7 minutes ago, top4718 said:

You don't use the limited funds your chairman has given you to sign a "prospect" when you're in the midst of the worst start to a season in 132 years of English League football, that's nonsense, he was bought as your main striker as it was clear the other £20m man (McBurnie) was totally out of his depth.

NO completely wrong, he was the only one we could get with our limited funds , all of CW's targets were out of reach plus wouldn't come to us because of our low wages so we ended up taking a chance on a young striker hoping we could survive another season allowing him to develop in the prem but it didn't work out hey ho !!!!!!!

And once again I will state 20 million is peanuts and hence we couldn't compete!!!!!

Edited by monzaman

5 minutes ago, monzaman said:

NO completely wrong, he was the only one we could get with our limited funds , all of CW's targets were out of reach plus wouldn't come to us because of our low wages so we ended up taking a chance on a young striker hoping we could survive another season allowing him to develop in the prem but it didn't work out hey ho !!!!!!!

And once again I will state 20 million is peanuts and hence we couldn't compete!!!!!

Burnley's record signing is £15m and they manage to keep themselves in the Prem, if you'd bought Brewster as a "prospect" surely you wouldn't have accepted Liverpool's three buy back as part of the deal, it makes a mockery of it.

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

Burnley's record signing is £15m and they manage to keep themselves in the Prem, if you'd bought Brewster as a "prospect" surely you wouldn't have accepted Liverpool's three buy back as part of the deal, it makes a mockery of it.

no it doesn't make a mockery of it, it justs shows that if he developed while with us then Liverpool wanted first picks at him if we choose to sell. As for Burnley their wages are a lot higher than us and they have had a few goes at the prem now so their bank balance is very,very healthy. The bottom line is we bought cheap and have low wages which does not help you survive in the prem

24 minutes ago, monzaman said:

no it doesn't make a mockery of it, it justs shows that if he developed while with us then Liverpool wanted first picks at him if we choose to sell. As for Burnley their wages are a lot higher than us and they have had a few goes at the prem now so their bank balance is very,very healthy. The bottom line is we bought cheap and have low wages which does not help you survive in the prem

I'll say it again, when you have a disastrous start to a season (the worst ever) and a lack of goals is cited as a problem you don't sign a prospect, you sign a player who you think will come in and do the business, Wilder's interviews at the time pretty much confirm that.

5 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I'll say it again, when you have a disastrous start to a season (the worst ever) and a lack of goals is cited as a problem you don't sign a prospect, you sign a player who you think will come in and do the business, Wilder's interviews at the time pretty much confirm that.

And I will say it AGAIN, the players Wilder wanted were out of reach and/or wanted higher wages than we would pay so we had to settle for a young prospect and take a chance on him . If it had worked people would have said Wilder was a genius but it didn't.

Wilder said lots of times he kept losing out on targets which pretty much confirms that.

Edited by monzaman