15 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

To be fair, given there's only £20 difference in the prices I don't think anyone would expect a massive difference in the size of the product.

In their world just under 8 inches would be more than enough to squeeze an extra backside on.

Depends on the size of the third person's bum :D 

Do distance selling regulations not apply here?

We bought a suite from DFS a few years ago.  After a few weeks it began creaking like an old galleon, so we called them and they sent out a repair man. He tipped the chair upside down and took off the bottom cover  and I was horrified to see that the frame was made from what was basically pallet wood.  He whacked a couple of extra screws in and ......job done. I couldn't believe the poor quality of something that cost so much, but I think all suites nowadays are poor quality, like most things.

Edited by Magneteer

1 minute ago, Magneteer said:

We bought a suite from DFS a few years ago.  After a few weeks it began creaking like an old galleon, so we called them and they sent out a repair man. He tipped the chair upside down and took off the bottom cover  and I was amazed to see that the frame was made from what was basically pallet wood.  He whacked a couple of extra screws in and ......job done. I couldn't believe the poor quality of something that cost so much, but I think all suites nowadays are poor quality, like most things.

Better than chipboard then, real wood, pallets carry some heavy stuff  :)