Sign in to follow this  

Holiday In Port Isaac, Cornwall?

Above.

Not been down to Cornwall for probably 30 years, and since I saw the Fisherman's Friends film in March 2019, I'd like to go down there and see them in their Homestead, even though they're coming up to Sheffield for a gig at the City Hall in September, which I've booked for.

Following a Google search session last year, and asking at various Holiday companies I've found a few nice Hotels that aren't too out of the budget, but has anyone been down? Is it as nice as it looked on the film? Nice pubs and that?

Port Isaac is lovely, parking can be a nightmare but well worth a visit. Doc Martin everything!!! Port Wenn in the Doc Martin series.  I live about 70 miles from there. Give it go, you won't be disappointed. Not far from Padstow.

9 minutes ago, sedith said:

Thanks for the info.

I'll speak to the family about a post lockdown Holiday, only thing is between July and October I have several local and out of Town Comic Cons to attend so my diary's a bit full.

Tintagel isn't far from Port Isaac either. The new bridge is open now, it was under construction the last time we went.