Viewpoint

I've been allowed to watch Viewpoint this week as a reward for letting my o/h hog the tv while the snooker is on. Whilst it's not been the best drama on TV this year, it's been interesting and I was looking forward to tonight's final. Now I've read that ITV have made the decision to drop it from tonight's schedule due to allegations made against the main actor. Why??? Surely showing one last programme isn't going to hurt. Oh well, another night of snooker for me then. 🤬

I understand ITV will not be showing Episode 5 live tonight but will be making it available for a limited time on the Catch Up service to let people who have watched  Episodes 1-4  finish the series.  Looks like another snooker session tonight, but you should  get to see it by hook or crook, probably tomorrow Rollypolly!

Thanks for that info Silverglade5. Trouble is Grande Prix is on this weekend so whichever way you look at it, I'm snookered 🥴

It was the butler?watched it last night,it was good compared to the usual dross ITV serve up,I kinda like Noel Clark but he seems to have made a mess of things.

Edited by ukdobby

Episode 5 is on the Catch Up but only until this Sunday night 23.59 before being deleted so anybody interested will have to be quick. 

Edited by silverglade5
amendment to text

I’ve recorded this programme to watch later on, don’t think I will be watching it before Sunday so I might as well delete it.   Can’t understand why they have put the last episode on catch up with a limited time to watch it.

Has Noel Clarke been found guilty of something?

He's been accused of sexual misconduct which he denies so obviously the general public aren't allowed to see the final programme just in case we're offended by this. Personally I think if he's guilty he should face the consequences. If he's innocent then I hope it doesn't affect his career. Meanwhile what good does banning the final programme do? Nothing!

21 minutes ago, Rollypolly said:

He's been accused of sexual misconduct which he denies so obviously the general public aren't allowed to see the final programme just in case we're offended by this. Personally I think if he's guilty he should face the consequences. If he's innocent then I hope it doesn't affect his career. Meanwhile what good does banning the final programme do? Nothing!

Well it certainly show some respect to the 20 or so women who are the alleged victims.

It sends out a clear message that those allegations are being taken seriously and the network is prepared to put dealing with such issue ahead of its profits.

It shows that there is no special treatment being given to the rich and high profile actor and demonstrates the same sort of suspension action which any employer would do if an ordinary joe worker was accused of such serious allegations.

It limits the profile and image of the said accused being beemed across the nation and sends a message that such behaviour is not tolerated. 

It limits opportunity for said accused to be earning any more fees, boosting their profile, building ad revenue or receiving broadcast royalties whilst under investigation of such serious allegations.

It certainly does far more than "nothing".

I agree, if guilty, people should face the consequences for what they’ve done.

But seems like we’ve done away for the concept of presumed innocence (i.e. innocent until proven guilty), as he’s being punished before an actual trial.

EDIT. Just for clarity, when I said “I agree”, it was in response to post #8 (which was the previous post when I started my reply etc).

Edited by Waldo

39 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

It sends out a clear message that those allegations are being taken seriously and the network is prepared to put dealing with such issue ahead of its profits.

It may be the case that ITV calculate; if he is found guilty and they had not pulled the last episode, that the damage to their reputation and associated loss of income; would be greater (than whatever they stand to make by airing the last episode etc).

I don't think we can assume that just because they're pulling the last episode, they're doing so because they're putting ethics in front of profits. Call my cynical, but I would suspect, as with any large corporation, it's more to do with PR and profits than anything else.

1 hour ago, Rollypolly said:

It appeases some groups of people, including but not just, Guardian reading lefties who get all offended about every little thing! :loopy: