Fasica, Soffits And Guttering

Can anyone recommend a firm in Sheffield for this work? If you've had the work done then I would be interested in understanding if there's anything to bear in mind and a ballpark on cost.

I checked on this website and was expecting the work to be around £1,500 or so. I have had one quote so far and it was for £4,000 :shocked:

Had mine done for £1600 couple of years ago on a 4 bed semi. 

5 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

Had mine done for £1600 couple of years ago on a 4 bed semi. 

Thanks, ours is a 1930's 3-bed semi so £4000 sounds a bit pricey. I'll definitely get a couple more quotes.

Wish I could recommend someone ,last time I got quotes first two were £2000ish  just for new  twinplas gutters back and front of a mid terrace.

Eventually got a more realistic price of £1200.

13 hours ago, chipfork said:

Can anyone recommend a firm in Sheffield for this work? If you've had the work done then I would be interested in understanding if there's anything to bear in mind and a ballpark on cost.

I checked on this website and was expecting the work to be around £1,500 or so. I have had one quote so far and it was for £4,000 :shocked:

The price may also depend if you need scaffolding putting up too

We had Justfascias in earlier this year to do exactly what you are looking for.  Very impressed with them, right from first contact through to completion, everything very professional and considerate.

last year I looked at getting mine done (4 bed detached) and costs varied from around £1800 to £4500 but of course the high end ones immediately offered a discount if you did not bite.  If they send a salesman round always look at the car he is driving the better the car the higher the quote. If they say they are working round here or have done lots of work in the area ask for details and check it out _ I was told by one guy that they had done several properties but oddly enough they could not back it up

Yes scaffolding adds horribly to the quotes.

In the end I found a painter who was willing to go up there and paint them for a fraction of the cost - sure they may need repainting in 5 to 10 years but I will be long dead by the time the costs of repainting outweigh new facias

Thanks all.

Had a similarly priced quote and both have said they'd need scaffolding, it's supposedly a health and safety requirement???

I will get a quote from JustFascias too.

Tempted by the painting option but the soffits are flaking away badly, similar age to our neighbour's house and there's have started to rot. 

29 minutes ago, chipfork said:

Thanks all.

Had a similarly priced quote and both have said they'd need scaffolding, it's supposedly a health and safety requirement???

I will get a quote from JustFascias too.

Tempted by the painting option but the soffits are flaking away badly, similar age to our neighbour's house and there's have started to rot. 

I'm needing the same thing as my soffits have a hole which I've bodged for the moment. I'm struggling to get anyone to come out for a quote. I'll need scaffolding too

2 hours ago, Delayed said:

I'm needing the same thing as my soffits have a hole which I've bodged for the moment. I'm struggling to get anyone to come out for a quote. I'll need scaffolding too

Our neighbours have a hole in their soffits and had a chat with the guy we got round for a quote, trying to catch them to see what they got quoted. Got an online quote after supply pictures and that came in around a little over £3600. First guy did say they've been inundated with people being at home and doing a lot of home improvements. Explains why they're difficult to get round and why prices might be following demand.

Morning, we had our's done a few years ago now ours are a straight up and down little box semi's both my neighbour and I had them done together so he could get a straight run on putting up the soffits fewer joint's, looks tidy, only one caution though, some near us have had white boards which need washing every so often some have brown which don't look bad we had black and we face due south so over the years the drain pipes have started to fade to a grey'ish colour obviously a cheaper grade of plastic for the fall pipe's, may be some thing to ask about .  Total cost of two men plus scaffolding over two day's with material £2,500, I said it was a long time ago.

Check out the recommended tradesmen thread. Anyone who's been on here a while should be OK as the 'chancers' get found out very quickly.

Everyones really busy at the moment so I'd say you'll be looking at late summer for the work to be done.

As for scaffolding, only a site survey/visit will determine if the contractor is prepared to do the job from ladders.