Sign in to follow this  

Getting Equipment And Setting Up A Vlog

I know that it may be simple for younger people but I am 71. What or where is the best book or place to find out how to set up to do  vlog.?

depends how complicated you want to make it.

you can keep it simple by using a mobile or a gopro to record and some software to edit it such as premier pro, davici resolve etc.... you dont really need anything special to get  started.

Edited by stimpy

You don't even need any special web software - just record your videos and upload to youtube 

Install YouTube app, record on your phone, upload right there... jobs done...

Lots of people use just their phone, or at least start out that way.

8 hours ago, desy said:

I know that it may be simple for younger people but I am 71. What or where is the best book or place to find out how to set up to do  vlog.?

Good for you. I think older people are unrepresented in this arena. But I think the point is, to build up a following you need to have something interesting to say.

Do you have ideas on what subjects you are hoping to tackle?

Thank you

You never know, you might get a TV show out of it! 

Canal boater Robbie Cumming started out on Youtube and has now had 2 series on BBC4:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000bks0

And there are lots of other older hobbyists who have blogged their lives on new boat and campervan purchases.  Many are quite entertaining.  I now understand when people say they don't bother with a TV and just watch YouTube.  Its not all cat videos!

Edited by alchresearch

Doesn't need to be complicated at all, all you need is a good Internet speed (preferably at least 2 Mb/s) and a YouTube account (free) and a good camera, either a webcam or a smart phone with a YouTube app installed.

hi @desy I tried to send you a message but it says can't receive! 

is there any help you need getting this set up? we are keen to create content for the Forum too - have set up a Youtube channel but don't have videos on it yet. 

Happy to help with anything needed setting it up if you want to send me a message over?