Sheffield Litter Group

If you want to help, we have a team of over 3000 volunteers that help keep our streets, footpaths, parks and many other places clean.
We have Events, each in thir own location,  and you can PLOG for as long as  you want.
Some can only spare one hour, others can spend as long as they wish.
Between us we can help keep Sheffield clean and tidy.

Do come and join us!

Sheffield Litter Pickers 

If this topic would have been about some litter in a poverty area of sheffield many people would have reacted most likely negatively to it.

But now when this is actually doing something about the litter out there by clearing it up for once everything remains silent and not one reaction on here so far. 

That facebook page clearly has given more people incentive to help and I was wondering why there appears to be more local effort to clean in certain places. We seen someone with a grabber and bag in a place last week where we would have never expeced anyone ever before and stopped to thank this person personally.

Edited by dutch

Hello 

I would be interested in joining the litter pickers, preferring to work in a group than alone.

S8 but can travel .  What kind of equipment do I need and how can I find a group of people to work with please?

17 hours ago, gingers said:

Hello 

I would be interested in joining the litter pickers, preferring to work in a group than alone.

S8 but can travel .  What kind of equipment do I need and how can I find a group of people to work with please?

Hi Ginger

You are welcome to join the Sheffield Litter Pickers facebook group and we have about 3500 members.
We have many small groups which cover most, if not all, areas within Sheffield.
The only things you need, apart from enthusiam, is gloves , bags and pickers.
Gloves are probably the most important.
We may be able to give you some bags but they're easy to get.
We might be able to loan you  a picker.
You can see where we do picks by looking at the Events page.

Hope to see you soon.

Sheffield Litter Pickers

Thank you I'll take a look

THANK YOU.

You all are pick of the litter.