New Mission Impossible Filmed At Levingsham North Yorkshire

Tom Cruise stunned locals in a small Yorkshire village when he turned up by helicopter for a film shoot.

The diminutive star touched down in Levisham, near Pickering, to record scenes on the local vintage railway.

A face mask covered the 58-year-old's famous pearly smile as he thrilled fans with a wave on his way to the set.

The actor - who is known for performing his own stunts - was later seen clambering on top of a carriage for one daredevil sequence.

The owner of a local B&B said in a Facebook post they had been walking the dog when they "bumped into" the Hollywood megastar.

Photos from the set show him alongside co-star Hayley Atwell and dozens of crew members.

A large team was seen setting up a sequence which appeared to involve the use of a modified train and tracks near to the village's station.

Levisham is on the route of the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, which has featured in numerous films and television series.

The latest instalment in the Mission: Impossible franchise will see Cruise reprise the role of spy Ethan Hunt.

After filming was disrupted by the coronavirus pandemic, its release is expected in May 2022.

Is this Sheffield Forum or an outlet for syndicated press releases?

4 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Is this Sheffield Forum or an outlet for syndicated press releases?

This is a "general" section for entertainment TV books and movies. I found this rather interesting since I have always liked all the mission impossible movies. It would have been just as interesting if they would film another full monty in the area but I don't think that will happen.

Edited by dutch

4 minutes ago, dutch said:

This is a "general" section for entertainment TV books and movies. I found this rather interesting since I have always liked all the mission impossible movies. It would have been just as interesting if they would film another full monty in the area but I don't think that will happen.

What a good idea to have a follow on from The Full Monty, telling us what happened to the men afterwards. I’m surprised that nobody has picked up on the idea.

What impossible missions could there be in Pickering? Finding someone who wants to house swap with someone in Sheffield? 

Oops.

Edited by Jim Hardie
Wrong actor ridiculed.

On 21/04/2021 at 14:46, pattricia said:

What a good idea to have a follow on from The Full Monty, telling us what happened to the men afterwards. I’m surprised that nobody has picked up on the idea.

Robert Carlyle now plays plays Rumpel Skiltskin is  in once upon a time, not sure what the others are doing,  :hihi:

There also filming out at Stoney Middleton

On 22/04/2021 at 17:38, PRESLEY said:

Robert Carlyle now plays plays Rumpel Skiltskin is  in once upon a time, not sure what the others are doing,  :hihi:

Mark addy was the borathian king in game of thrones.

1 hour ago, foxydebs said:

Mark addy was the borathian king in game of thrones.

He's also played a Butcher in Sky 1 comedy "Trollied", and a young Fred Flintstone in the prequel to the 1994 live action movie.

Edited by Mr Allen
More detail.