Middlesbourgh V Sheffield Wednesday F C

35 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

It would depend on goal difference. I worked it out we'd be level on points if that happened, we're both -21 goal difference unless I worked it out wrong 🤔

The last game is against Derby. If Wednesday get a point, Derby get a point. Goal difference doesn’t come into it.

8 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

The last game is against Derby. If Wednesday get a point, Derby get a point. Goal difference doesn’t come into it.

If level on points after the derby game it's decided on goal difference isn't it. Like I say I could just be being thick, should be trying to win both regardless as I think 4 points won't be enough.

16 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

But if we win and Rooney loses our goal difference is better.

Edited by ukdobby

The owls have to put on their league one shoes and begin the hard walk back to the championship. 

They say the hardest part of a marathon, is putting on your shoes before the start of the event. 

The theme of individual errors and failure to stick away chances has dogged Wednesday all season and today was no different,Ive not seen the 3rd goal as I went out for some beers for later instead of enduring any further punishment!

The big worry will be over Tom Lees, looked a really nasty injury in what is likely to be his final game for the Owls. Hes been by far and away our best most consistent defender this season and for the most part at Wednesday during his time hes been a steady player who played to his capabilities and was always committed.

All  of which leaves Wednesday with a real lack of quality in defence for the final two games,maybe we could bring in young Brennan for the last two and see if he can show some consistency.

Edited by staninoodle

1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

But if we win and Rooney loses our goal difference is better.

If we win, yes. Just pointing out that a draw wouldn’t be enough.

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

If level on points after the derby game it's decided on goal difference isn't it. Like I say I could just be being thick, should be trying to win both regardless as I think 4 points won't be enough.

No. Derby are already 4 points in front. One more makes 5. Winning both games is the ONLY way Wednesday can stay up and then it’ll be down to Rotherham failing.

I expected a cup final display from the Owls today , instead we got the same as has been dished up all season , the defence was shocking lacking any thing resembling a centre half , Rhodes once again missed an open goal when it would have been easier to score , Only Palmer , Windlass and Bannon have shown the fight needed over the last half dozen matches , Rotherham will probably escape and put Derby and us down , .'

5 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

If we win, yes. Just pointing out that a draw wouldn’t be enough.

No. Derby are already 4 points in front. One more makes 5. Winning both games is the ONLY way Wednesday can stay up and then it’ll be down to Rotherham failing.

Oh I miss counted it then, well that's disappointing 😂

On 23/04/2021 at 18:09, bassett one said:

ive said before,he tried his best and if it had not been for stupid FA rules,he would of sorted it,he was tied to being unable to spend HIS OWN CASH as he wanted,if he had been able to do this and run it like any normal company,we would be up or there abouts,hes made mistakes ,like us all and paid the price,by how much hes lost,do you really think he thought,i will invest in a club ,get it relegated and lose millions,sorry but no one complained,when he was spending millions,theres a small line between winning and losing,and unfortunatly hes lost out as well.

It’s his mis-management of the club finances that has resulted in the points deduction,stadium sale,players not getting paid on time & numerous transfer embargo’s ...then throw in the ridiculous managerial appointments,awful player recruitment strategies,a stubbornness to take the blame for anything,his lack of spending on the club..such as boiler repairs,pitch maintenance & the general upkeep of the stadium...there was only ever going to be 1 outcome this season & unless we pull off the most unlikely miracle,then League 1 deservedly beckons ...

Edited by Sheridan1-0

10 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Football is a funny old game....

A win against forest and suddenly I feel everything swings in your favour again.  To be honest, I expect a loss for you lot today....does that mean I think you are relegated, no.

You lot have a momentus task at hands, but bizarre that game against Derby still gives you real hope.  It's a cup shootout against forest really isn't it? You need all three points and a bit of luck to go with it.

If.... and that being the key word. BUT if you managed 3 points against forest, I genuinely feel that staying up is yours to lose against a woeful derby side.

I understand the nerves and frustration, but let's be realistic. You are where you are as a result if a bad season....you don't deserve survival and more than we did. Put a gloss on it....sugar coat it as much as you want. If you do go down, then it's warranted isn't it.

The main difference being....you still have a chance of staying up.

I doubt there's many fans that believe we deserve to stay up, we are where we are because we've been dire in too many games and dropped too many points in games we shouldn't of. Then there's the deduction that looks like it will send us down, only the owner has himself to blame on that one. I still think even if we get 6 points there's too many results that need to go in our favour to survive but as you say it is a funny old game, not been that fun this season though.

i regard mr chansiri as a honourable man,no one complained when we were at we were in the play offs?,no one complained when he was buying top screens for the stadium?no one complained when he spent millions trying to get us up?,if he could of continued to spend his own cash as he wished like any other business  or if we had come down and had his cash and been able to spend as we pleased we would be up,its the rules that are wrong,in business you should be able to compete on a level playing field,but thats not the case in the championship,hes made mistakes,hes lost lots of his own cash,but he tried his best,unfortunatly it was not to be,re-sacking managers ,many teams,like leeds have sacked loads,but got there in the end,please note how hes kept us a float through a bad year,he has made mistakes,hes been ill advised,hes been decieved ,but that doesnt make him a bad person.also if he goes who wants us?if he stays i think he will sort it and become a wiser man in this business thats unfair with funding.

He might be honourable, he might of made mistakes but the fact is the mistakes cost us 6 points which look like relegating us. No one complained when we got in the playoffs, spending some money on decent players but I'm sure if we knew what state the club would be in now we wouldn't of been so keen on spending so much.

I agree he should be allowed to spend what he wants though, there must be a better system. I don't see why an owner can't at the beginning of the season tell the league how much he wants to put in or set up a new account. If they say they are willing to put X amount in and they go over then punish.