Chauvin Guilty Of George Floyd's Murder

24 minutes ago, El Cid said:

An ex-footballer was Tasered by a PC for six times longer than standard, before being kicked - leaving bootlace prints on his forehead, a jury heard.

Benjamin Monk is charged with the murder of Dalian Atkinson during an altercation in Shropshire in 2016.

The above is a quote from the BBC, so its taken 5 years to come to court. Can that be blamed partially on COVID, but even 3 years would have been a long time.

There are thousands of serious cases like this.

What do expect when you cut legal aid etc to the quick?

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

An ex-footballer was Tasered by a PC for six times longer than standard, before being kicked - leaving bootlace prints on his forehead, a jury heard.

Benjamin Monk is charged with the murder of Dalian Atkinson during an altercation in Shropshire in 2016.

The above is a quote from the BBC, so its taken 5 years to come to court. Can that be blamed partially on COVID, but even 3 years would have been a long time.

Dalian Atkinson?? 

Didn't he used to play for Wednesday? 

Yes ,he scored a blazing goal against Liverpool at Hillsborough that was on YouTube last time I looked.

Such a sad end to his life.

38 minutes ago, butlers said:

Yes ,he scored a blazing goal against Liverpool at Hillsborough that was on YouTube last time I looked.

Wow. I had no idea. That's is a sad end to his life. I hope justice is well and truly served 🤞

46 minutes ago, butlers said:

I just watched the goal v Liverpool. 

Simply brilliant 👏👏👏

Thank you for that butlers, watching that gave me goosebumps. 

If anyone else would like to see the goal I linked it below ... 

Moderators, if this thread isn't the place for the link please accept my apologies and I completely understand if it is removed or moved 👍

Edited by The_DADDY

28 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I think the UK legal system attempts to make sure everyone gets a fair trial which might be one reason for the delay. It is only recently that the names of the Police Officers involved in the incident have been named in the media.  The fact that they are still serving Police Officers makes a fair trial more possible unlike what happened in the USA when Chauvin was sacked immediately after the incident and thrown under the bus.

How was he thrown under the bus??? 

He was filmed kneeling down on George Floyd's neck for 9 minutes until Floyd died. Chauvin quite correctly was found guilty.

Chauvin faced the appropiate  charges under Minnesota law.

Inevitable there will be an appeal but even the Fox News legal contributers rabid " back the blue's types said it was a fair conviction.

The openness of the US system does jar against the UK system.

10 hours ago, West 77 said:

The police should have waited until the outcome of the criminal trial before taking any disciplinary action against Chauvin.  The filming of the incident and the huge amount of publicity it received made it very difficult for Chauvin to receive a fair trial. I don't disagree that it was correct that Chauvin was found guilty of one of the charges.  The charge I refer to is the UK's equivalent of manslaughter. 

Complete garbage. People who are used to working in either the civil or criminal legal frameworks know that what happens in the civil arena (in this case disciplinary action by the police department) has very little bearing on criminal proceedings, because the burden of proof in civil law is a lot lower.

7 hours ago, butlers said:

Chauvin faced the appropiate  charges under Minnesota law.

Inevitable there will be an appeal but even the Fox News legal contributers rabid " back the blue's types said it was a fair conviction.

The openness of the US system does jar against the UK system.

Biden and Waters practically gaurenteed an appeal will be made as they just couldn't keep their mouths shut. 

Also its alleged that one of the Jurors has strong links to blm so wasn't impartial. This same juror also allegedly lied when asked how much they knew about the case prior to selection. 

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Biden and Waters practically gaurenteed an appeal will be made as they just couldn't keep their mouths shut. 

Also its alleged that one of the Jurors has strong links to blm so wasn't impartial. This same juror also allegedly lied when asked how much they knew about the case prior to selection. 

Who's that alleged by? And has the US justice system previously filtered out jurors who have ties to right wing racist organisations such as, I dunno, the Republican Party? Because if not, then tough.

Ok I will indulge you.

Assume there's 1 paid up marxist BLM guy in the jury how come it was a 12- 0 unanimous verdict.

The US system is very different to ours ,nothing Biden said was in the least controversial.

21 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Who's that alleged by? And has the US justice system previously filtered out jurors who have ties to right wing racist organisations such as, I dunno, the Republican Party? Because if not, then tough.

I don't really think you can consider the Republicans of being a right wing racist organisation. 

You may disagree with them. You may even dislike them but to call them right wing racists is just ridiculous.