Chauvin Guilty Of George Floyd's Murder

I was wrong about the choke hold .

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

Yes, luckily there was footage, which is the only reason this went to court. Usually, of course, there is no footage, so safe to assume that in the US many black people have/are/will be similarly killed by police and it won't go to court.

That's one huge and not to mention extremely unfair assumption you made there. 

11 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Haven't heard of that, what's the bias?

All in favour of the prosecution . Very little of the defence . They even had a court reporter telling us what the jury were thinking . I think its on channel 179 

Edited by hackey lad

Yet research shows if the police encounter black alledged criminals force is used more often and faster than equivalent white ones.

If Chauvin had took the stand in his own defence that might have helped his cause

3 minutes ago, butlers said:

Yet research shows if the police encounter black alledged criminals force is used more often and faster than equivalent white ones.

If Chauvin had took the stand in his own defence that might have helped his cause

Got to agree with that 

By coincidence ,I have been to the minnie apple ,I was best man at my cousin's wedding.

He has sent me the occasional thing from the Star Tribute ,the local regional paper if record

He's also a lawyer.

11 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

. They even had a court reporter telling us what the jury were thinking 

Hmm, sounds quality 😉

11 minutes ago, butlers said:

Chauvin took the fifth, so the obvious inference is that he couldn't testify without incriminating himself

Edited by Delbow

15 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Hmm, sounds quality 😉

Chauvin took the fifth, so the obvious inference is that he couldn't testify without incriminating himself

Yes , he said that when the judge asked him about taking the fifth . Think  it was something to do with even if he was found not guilty of the charges then another trial with other charges could be brought against him .

15 hours ago, Delbow said:

Bizzare conspiracy nuthousery

You missed the multiple testimonies in the trial from police colleagues confirming that what Chauvin did was not what they are trained to do and not in the training manual.

Yeah but got to give it to me, makes for a great movie..

An ex-footballer was Tasered by a PC for six times longer than standard, before being kicked - leaving bootlace prints on his forehead, a jury heard.

Benjamin Monk is charged with the murder of Dalian Atkinson during an altercation in Shropshire in 2016.

The above is a quote from the BBC, so its taken 5 years to come to court. Can that be blamed partially on COVID, but even 3 years would have been a long time.

Not very officer gets that charge laid against them.