Chauvin Guilty Of George Floyd's Murder

2 people off the streets no one will miss.

7 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

a very dangerous precedent has just been set, a police officer doing their job now will think twice about restraining, yes chauvin did more than was needed and floyd didnt deserve to die, but is the officer really guilty of murder??? i thought murder had to be pre meditated???? it was an accident so manslaughter was the correct verdict. 

The jury and the judge found it wasn't accidental. You should read or watch some of the evidence from the trial, in particular that from police officers and from Dr Tobin, before making comments like that.

9 minutes ago, Delbow said:

The jury and the judge found it wasn't accidental. You should read or watch some of the evidence from the trial, in particular that from police officers and from Dr Tobin, before making comments like that.

it wasn't premeditated which ever way you look at it, the trial was skewed into the guilty verdict it had to be to avoid a huge black backlash of unrest rioting and looting. i am glad chauvin is going to be punished for doing wrong but this will be overturned on appeal.

Edited by ab6262

The trial found that he knew he was killing Mr Floyd but carried on. That's murder in US law. Your point about rioting seems plucked out of thin air - what would be different now to all those previous occasions when majority- or all-white juries found the cop not guilty and there were protests and riots? Why would 'they', whoever 'they' are, decide 'not this time' (these are rhetorical questions, you don't have to answer them)

I watched the video of Chauvin being told of the guilty verdict and he showed no emotions at all and accepted it..

That surprised me...

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Chauvin is spirited away to some quiet remote place and given a new identity so he can live a happy peaceful life on his police pension.

The majority will think and believe justice has been done, while the police look after their own..

44 minutes ago, alandrea0 said:

I watched the video of Chauvin being told of the guilty verdict and he showed no emotions at all and accepted it..

That surprised me...

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Chauvin is spirited away to some quiet remote place and given a new identity so he can live a happy peaceful life on his police pension.

The majority will think and believe justice has been done, while the police look after their own..

Well he sure isn't going to be doing hard labour- I'm of the view he'll have a cushy cell, comfortable and looked after.

When everyone has forgot about him, authorities will smuggle him out as you say, to go and live under a new identity along with his pension.

There is no way this guy serve his sentence.

10 hours ago, butlers said:

Just very disproportionately kill black people.

Glad justice was served.

How anyone could look at that video and think no crime was committed is beyond me.

He was a bad cop with 15 or 18 discilpinarys to his name.

A symbol of bad training ,go look up " warrior training" that their Union paid for.

Ah you're using that disingenuine fact are you? 

1. They were complaints not disciplinarys. 

2. Those complaints spanned a 20 year career. That's a pretty low average for cops in the US. 

3. The major of the complaints were not upheld.

As for the video, the one where he's shown to be kneeling on GF's shoulder and not his neck as initially claimed, a restraint taught by instructors and in the training manual? 

Manslaugther via negligence, ie not acting quick enough once GF was unconcious was the only crime here. 

As for the warrior training, I take it you've researched what it actually entails, of course not. You've instantly gone to it being all violent battle training.

"According to a news release posted to the Law Officer website, the free online training — valued at $55,000 a year — is offered to officers for as long as Frey remains mayor. The training, which covers a range of issues, from “officer survival” and leadership to fitness and de-escalation, was designed to ensure that officers could “return home each day to their family regardless of the dangers that they may face and the ignorance of some politicians,”

In any case this isnt' over and far from the last we seen of this trial.

There are four potential and likely grounds for appealing the conviction. 

• Judges failure to move the trial
  • Judges failure to sequester the jury
  • Interference by Maxine Walters (and others) - which makes point 2 stronger
  • The $27m payout by the city five days before jury selection.

A lot of legal people in the US are saying that these four things made it almost impossible for him to get a fair trial.

At the very least, at appeal, Chauvins sentence will be drastically reduced, possible even some of the convictions vacated or a mistrial declared.

Edited by Resident

2 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

Well he sure isn't going to be doing hard labour- I'm of the view he'll have a cushy cell, comfortable and looked after.

When everyone has forgot about him, authorities will smuggle him out as you say, to go and live under a new identity along with his pension.

There is no way this guy serve his sentence.

Bizzare conspiracy nuthousery

2 hours ago, Resident said:

Ah you're using that disingenuine fact are you? 

1. They were complaints not disciplinarys. 

2. Those complaints spanned a 20 year career. That's a pretty low average for cops in the US. 

3. The major of the complaints were not upheld.

As for the video, the one where he's shown to be kneeling on GF's shoulder and not his neck as initially claimed, a restraint taught by instructors and in the training manual? 

Manslaugther via negligence, ie not acting quick enough once GF was unconcious was the only crime here. 

As for the warrior training, I take it you've researched what it actually entails, of course not. You've instantly gone to it being all violent battle training.

"According to a news release posted to the Law Officer website, the free online training — valued at $55,000 a year — is offered to officers for as long as Frey remains mayor. The training, which covers a range of issues, from “officer survival” and leadership to fitness and de-escalation, was designed to ensure that officers could “return home each day to their family regardless of the dangers that they may face and the ignorance of some politicians,”

In any case this isnt' over and far from the last we seen of this trial.

There are four potential and likely grounds for appealing the conviction. 

• Judges failure to move the trial
  • Judges failure to sequester the jury
  • Interference by Maxine Walters (and others) - which makes point 2 stronger
  • The $27m payout by the city five days before jury selection.

A lot of legal people in the US are saying that these four things made it almost impossible for him to get a fair trial.

At the very least, at appeal, Chauvins sentence will be drastically reduced, possible even some of the convictions vacated or a mistrial declared.

You missed the multiple testimonies in the trial from police colleagues confirming that what Chauvin did was not what they are trained to do and not in the training manual.

It's interesting that   people are so desperate for the officer to be found not guilty. 

Joe Bidens comments  where carefully chosen.

He also made them after the jury was sequestered.

Warrior training is abhorrent, the guy most known for it is ex army and trained troops for a battlefield.

He approves the response to danger of shooting first.

I gave seen one if his lectures where he actually says it's a real high once you deliver death ,you should embrace it 

He also said to his audience , you will go home and gave the best sex if your life.

Former President Trump commented on a live trail ( Manafort) and said the judge was Mexican heritage and implied he was biased against Trump so would find " his " man guilty.

The US  legal system is very different to ours.

Chauvin apparently was also a police trainer

11 minutes ago, butlers said:

It's interesting that   people are so desperate for the officer to be found not guilty. 

Isn't it. And people wonder why Black and brown people find all of this so distressing and question whether their lives really matter as much.

People were desperate for an officer to be held accountable.

What message would it send after that video to both the police and public if there was judged to be no wrong doing.