Jump to content


Putin's Wargame - Ukraine

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Magilla said:

 

Which does not mention civilian casualties at all! :roll:

 

LOL...

 

...you know the people dropping the bombs tend not to be those killed by them when they explode... right?:hihi:

Slippery  little critter aren't you.?

 

Here we are discussing American politics, where the "body bag count" as commonly refers to the returning of U.S. military Servicemen and women in body bags.

 

It was the subject of the CNN count down under G. W. Bush.

 

Lol

 

You are now boring me.

 

Have a nice day!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does make you wonder if Trump had been in office in 2001 how  resistant to war he might have been.

 

Bush jnr of course  holds most culpability easy to start wars , difficult to end them

 

Think the sooner we can get Ukraine into Nato the better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, butlers said:

It does make you wonder if Trump had been in office in 2001 how  resistant to war he might have been.

 

Bush jnr of course  holds most culpability easy to start wars , difficult to end them

 

Think the sooner we can get Ukraine into Nato the better.

 

Thats the problem if Ukraine  is allowed into NATO that makes it harder for Putin better to strike first and show a bit of military might to show Ukraine the errors of its ways.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, trastrick said:

Slippery  little critter aren't you.?

 

Here we are discussing American politics, where the "body bag count" as commonly refers to the returning of U.S. military Servicemen and women in body bags.

...because they're the only ones that matter... my mistake! :roll:

 

I explicitly qualified "civilian deaths" in my initial response so my interpretation was clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If your selective memory is not addled, you may recall it was only only the Democrat Party which deliberately targeted innocent civilians, women and children, when they dropped Atomic Bombs on two major Japanese cities.

 

The "final solution!."

Edited by trastrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GabrielC said:

Thats the problem if Ukraine  is allowed into NATO that makes it harder for Putin better to strike first and show a bit of military might to show Ukraine the errors of its ways.  

Putin's only got himself to blame for former Soviet republics rushing to align themselves to the West. After his invasion of Georgia in 2008, they realised there was nothing to stop him doing the same to them. As a result many of them decided that joining NATO was the only way to dissuade him and they pleaded to be allowed to join. Much as some would like to blame the EU, it was far more Putin's actions making them fear for their new found independence driving them West than them being lured by the EU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the cyber attacks on the Baltic countries and big military moves on Finland's borders.

Putin longs for the old days of  the warsaw pact.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, West 77 said:

The EU and Obama are to blame for Putin and Russia getting stronger and becoming more of a threat. The EU shouldn't have expanded eastwards and Obama should have attacked the Assad regime in Syria when the red line was crossed.  Putin is a strong leader of his country and certainly knows the best way to deal with national traitors. 

So anyone oppossing Putin is a traitor? You don't seem too keen on democracy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

And presumably free press too?

 

How many journalists have been killed in Russia 

Edited by butlers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The EU, NATO countries are dependent on Putin to keep the oil and gas pipelines flowing. They'll do nothing to save the Ukraine.

 

And the EU was Iran's biggest trading partner, lol . Recently overtaken by China, so say goodbye to Taiwan, too.

 

Trading with the enemy?

 

According to WIKI:

 

"As of 2019, the Iran–EU trade relations are stained due to the sanctions re-imposed on Iran by the United States after the US unilateral withdrawal from the multinational Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action agreement. The EU has, however, established a special Instrument in Support of Trade Exchanges to enable EU–Iran trade bypassing the US sanctions. In fact, the EU were seen to be "urging Chinese and Russian counterparts to do more to support bilateral economic ties with Iran".[2] - 

 

So exactly who is Putin's puppet?

 

Meanwhile the U.S. has largely funded NATO, and still has some 300,000 U.S. Troops stationed in Europe to prevent them killing each other (again). Lol

 

And they cried when Trump threatened to bring the U.S. Troops out if these socialist paradises didn't pay their fair share of the cost of their own defense. lol

Edited by trastrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trastrick said:

The EU, NATO countries are dependent on Putin to keep the oil and gas pipelines flowing. They'll do nothing to save the Ukraine.

 

And the EU was Iran's biggest trading partner, lol . Recently overtaken by China, so say goodbye to Taiwan, too.

 

Trading with the enemy?

 

According to WIKI:

 

"As of 2019, the Iran–EU trade relations are stained due to the sanctions re-imposed on Iran by the United States after the US unilateral withdrawal from the multinational Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action agreement. The EU has, however, established a special Instrument in Support of Trade Exchanges to enable EU–Iran trade bypassing the US sanctions. In fact, the EU were seen to be "urging Chinese and Russian counterparts to do more to support bilateral economic ties with Iran".[2] - 

 

So exactly who is Putin's puppet?

 

Meanwhile the U.S. has largely funded NATO, and still has some 300,000 U.S. Troops stationed in Europe to prevent them killing each other (again). Lol

 

And they cried when Trump threatened to bring the U.S. Troops out if these socialist paradises didn't pay their fair share of the cost of their own defense. lol

Putins catastrophic management of the Russian economy is vividly exposed in his use of fossil fuels.

He is dependent on the this for foreign currency yet he orders price cuts to support his dwindling market share (and influence).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade is a two way street.

Russia is an oil state and to cut the flow of oil would cripple the economy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.