Asda Petrol

16 minutes ago, AKAMD said:

So is customer service!

Sad but very true. 

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, AKAMD said:

Yes, very really!  Not only did he have to fill the car himself, there was no-one there to take his money, only a machine that he could only use a card with.  Very much no service in my book!  As for 'pre-authorisation' what nonsense; payment in cash is all the authorisation anyone needs!

I prefer pay at the pump. It’s quicker, safer and available 24 hours a day. It also prevents drive offs, which might just keep prices a little lower for us honest folk.

Maybe you’d prefer to honk your horn and have someone pop out to fill your tank.

4 minutes ago, sibon said:

I prefer pay at the pump. It’s quicker, safer and available 24 hours a day. It also prevents drive offs, which might just keep prices a little lower for us honest folk.

Maybe you’d prefer to honk your horn and have someone pop out to fill your tank.

And check your oil and clean your windscreen,  oops! Thats America,:hihi:

2 hours ago, AKAMD said:

Yes, very really!  Not only did he have to fill the car himself, there was no-one there to take his money, only a machine that he could only use a card with.  Very much no service in my book!  As for 'pre-authorisation' what nonsense; payment in cash is all the authorisation anyone needs!

I assume he knew a) it was self service (as almost every petrol station is these days, b) there was no attendant to pay, and c) it was card only before he got out of his car and started to dispense his own fuel (£15 worth, no matter what he believes)

If he wanted someone to pay and the option to pay by cash he could have nipped down the hill to the Applegreen on City Road and no doubt paid a couple of p more a litre for his trouble.

Edited by HeHasRisen

17 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

If he wanted someone to pay and the option to pay by cash he could have nipped down the hill to the Applegreen on City Road and no doubt paid a couple of p more a litre for his trouble.

But if they did that they would miss out on the opportunity to have a good moan about (not) being ripped off.

On 20/04/2021 at 16:48, sibon said:

Yes but no need to honk anything, someone would be alert to your custom and appreciate it!

On 20/04/2021 at 16:56, PRESLEY said:

And check your oil and clean your windscreen,  oops! Thats America,:hihi:

No, I'm a biker!

On 20/04/2021 at 16:48, sibon said:

It's not even the prices for me but totally agree. Fill and go is far easier, no queuing.

They only have pay at the pumps at the Asda Supermarket Metrocentre so I asked at customer services if I’m charged a pound for paying with my credit card for petrol and she said no, the £1 which shows on the pump before you start to fill your car is to check that you have the funds to pay for petrol and as already said on here to validate your card.  

In all fairness to the OP if they have never used pay at the pump before it can be a bit confusing. Even I had my doubts after reading the posts on here so thought I would check to make sure I’m not being charged a £1.

Looks like he isn't coming back to acknowledge his mistake anyway.

On 19/04/2021 at 17:41, primemover70 said:

Just been to Asda petrol station at Manor Top . . . No kiosk so payment is by card only . . . . You do NOT get a receipt even if you ask for one . . . What you DO get is a £1.00 surcharge for using the system meaning that for £15.00 of fuel indicated you get £15.00 on the pump but only £14.00 worth of fuel . No staff . . . No receipts only a small sign stating ''contact a colleague . . . Obviously an image at the pump is essential . . . CAVEAT EMPTOR . . . 

so you get cheap fuel and then moan ?? why not go to the next petrol station??? and before you say it you were running out thats a disorganised and lazy driver.

7 hours ago, ab6262 said:

and before you say it you were running out thats a disorganised and lazy driver.

I believe the police can and will dish out points to those who run out of fuel on a main road.  Driving without due care.