Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Just been to Asda petrol station at Manor Top . . . No kiosk so payment is by card only . . . . You do NOT get a receipt even if you ask for one . . . What you DO get is a £1.00 surcharge for using the system meaning that for £15.00 of fuel indicated you get £15.00 on the pump but only £14.00 worth of fuel . No staff . . . No receipts only a small sign stating ''contact a colleague . . . Obviously an image at the pump is essential . . . CAVEAT EMPTOR . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps complain to SCC's Consumer Protection officers?

Or to Asda Head Office, better still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, primemover70 said:

Just been to Asda petrol station at Manor Top . . . No kiosk so payment is by card only . . . . You do NOT get a receipt even if you ask for one . . . What you DO get is a £1.00 surcharge for using the system meaning that for £15.00 of fuel indicated you get £15.00 on the pump but only £14.00 worth of fuel . No staff . . . No receipts only a small sign stating ''contact a colleague . . . Obviously an image at the pump is essential . . . CAVEAT EMPTOR . . . 

Hi Primemover, I think and hope I can put your mind at rest with regard to the £1.00 surcharge. If my experience with Tesco garage is anything to go by, this £1.00 is just to test your bank account  for validity, after a few days this pending deduction will disappear from your account to be replaced by the £15.00 you will have received in your tank. 

Edited by silverglade5
amendment to text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, agree with silverglade5 if that's what you're seeing in your bank account. It'll show as £1 until they take the full amount. You're not being short changed. If you have a camera/smart phone just take a photo of the display when you've filled up. Tesco is always staffed but I still pay at the pump as it's quicker and just take a photo if it's not giving receipts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, silverglade5 said:

Hi Primemover, I think and hope I can put your mind at rest with regard to the £1.00 surcharge. If my experience with Tesco garage is anything to go by, this £1.00 is just to test your bank account  for validity, after a few days this pending deduction will disappear from your account to be replaced by the £15.00 you will have received in your tank. 

👆👆👆

 

Yup I agree with this too. 

I noticed the quid transaction after a fill up at a morrisons petrol station but I didn't think to look in my pending transactions so I rang morrisons who explained it all to me. Apparently its a common practice and has been for a while but I'd never noticed it until then. 

Edited by The_DADDY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, primemover70 said:

. . What you DO get is a £1.00 surcharge for using the system meaning that for £15.00 of fuel indicated you get £15.00 on the pump but only £14.00 worth of fuel  

No you don't. You get £15 worth of fuel. 

14 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Perhaps complain to SCC's Consumer Protection officers?

 

Really, come on. This is a standard authorisation check that self service petrol pumps have done since they came into being.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another classic case of self-service being no service, a point I have made in another thread on IT taking us down a road we don't want to go down: cashless society, computer generated letters, faceless utility companies, online only communication.  Not the society I want to belong to but forced into being part of!!!!  I simply won't use self service tills or petrol pumps until a time when that's all there is, and it will come!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, AKAMD said:

Another classic case of self-service being no service

Well not really, the OP pumped £15 of fuel and got £15 of fuel in his car, it not our fault he has totally misunderstood how pre-authorisation works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, very really!  Not only did he have to fill the car himself, there was no-one there to take his money, only a machine that he could only use a card with.  Very much no service in my book!  As for 'pre-authorisation' what nonsense; payment in cash is all the authorisation anyone needs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AKAMD said:

Yes, very really!  Not only did he have to fill the car himself, there was no-one there to take his money, only a machine that he could only use a card with.  Very much no service in my book!  As for 'pre-authorisation' what nonsense; payment in cash is all the authorisation anyone needs!

I can't help but feel cash is on the way out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I can't help but feel cash is on the way out. 

So is customer service!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.