New European Football Super League

Wasn't this always the cards?

https://news.sky.com/story/european-super-league-plans-set-to-be-announced-six-english-teams-involved-sky-news-understands-12279432

Apparently England's big clubs have already signed up, as have the likes of Barcelona.  It puts them at odds with those running the Premier League & the current rules & comes hours before UEFA announces changes to the Champions League format. 

Edited by Baron99

I think European football is ripe for an overhaul, frankly I have no interest in the Champions League and even less in the Uefa league or whatever it is called these days. Creating a super league isn't the way forward though. I think they should do the reverse, go back to Champions only for that league and the numbers 2 of each league going for the European Cup. 

That sound you can hear is many lawyers rubbing their hands. 

Aren't UEFA now simply reaping what they originally sowed by creating a super league in the first place, pandering to the main European clubs, both increasing the clubs' revenue & that of UEFA itself by moving from a straight knock out competition to one based on leagues & now UEFA are looking to add more clubs by the sound of things & generate more income. 

UEFA, now their cushy number is being challenged & they don't like it as the golden egg, laying geese are deciding to sit on more profitable, new owner's nests? 

Personally however, any of the top English clubs that sign up for such a move, I'd kick out of the league & all domestic competitions.  The clubs were / are happy to sign up to the Premiership's rules & regulations and take the subsequent tv money the Premiership has negotiated on their behalf for years. 

Edited by Baron99

There is one simple answer to this..................

All fans of those clubs should boycott their club and refuse to buy season tickets and go to any games..

I wonder if those clubs would join a super league then?

I don't think the players would want to play in those games without fans...

The fans have the power to take action and stop the clubs from joining a super league..

Early days as regards to the exact details of this proposal, but many questions to be answered, 

1  Clubs already saying there's too much football 

2  Would the cost of watching on tv go up, even though your club might not be in the super league 

3  Will these chosen teams then play reserve teams in domestic competitions, more so than they do now

4   Will a season ticket cover the cost of these extra games, or tickets per individual games be extra, etc, etc.

An American bank apparently came up with this plan. They believe there will be 3,5 billion euro per club to take part, they say this would cover 'corona costs'. No wonder the English clubs jumped at the chance, they are all ran by corporates that want to squeeze as much out of the game as possible. This is genuinely a move to screw the fans over, they will charge VERY significant money to see this new league. 

Worst of all: Hardly any promotion/relegation possible from this new construction.

Do these greedy clubs not make enough money from the Champions League?Disgraceful stuff from the clubs owners 

Isn't it marvellous theses clubs have big squads which they can make two teams and yet they moan about being tired and need to rest. Yet they are happy to form a a league where they will be flying back and forth to countries every week.  The owners of these clubs aren't interested in the history of the clubs or the fans(apart from fleecing them) all these big business money men see, is the money. 

While I'm no fan of the champions league in any format this is out of order, whatever your thoughts are about FIFA etc. I've been all for a super League aslong as the club's involved aren't allowed to compete in their respective leagues.

FIFA, eufa and the league's need to get tough with any club wanting to join. Not this world cup but for any future world cups, Euros etc players playing for these clubs should be banned from competing in internationals. Club's shouldn't be allowed to compete in their domestic league and whatever else can be done. Of course it's wether money is valued over the integrity of the sport(whatevers left of it anyway) wether things are done or they bow to TV companies and greedy club's.