Wifi To Bar

3 hours ago, apelike said:

I think the problem is actually getting the signal to the bar.

If it was me then I would go for a cabled ethernet connection especially as it will be used for streaming TV. Thread it through some cheap plastic pipe, cost about £10, and then bury it. 

Ah yes, of course, having a blonde moment here.

Ethernet cable could be an option in that case (though, could be a bit messy, drilling though walls etc); unless it's possible to boost the original signal, or place some kind of wifi extender or second router inside the house but closer to the hut.

You can get outdoor wifi extenders which may be better than an indoor extender depending on how you want it to work.

Having said that, the hardwired cable to the bar will be the most stable.

i recently installed an apple extender a bit like some of the the old TP things, mainly because it had an ethernet socket out to wire into the back of the tv (the tvs modem wouldn't detect the wifi signal) cost me about a tenner off ebay.

I've connected a LOT of outbuildings at the bottom of peoples gardens recently, masses working from home and want a summer house turning into an office, people building bars because the pubs have been shut etc and want the full speed of the router (without moving the router). Best for routing depends on your layout.