Wifi To Bar

I’ve built a bar about 15m from my house my modem is in the front room (17m altogether ) what do I need to get WiFi in my bar so I can get sky q please 

It depends how your garden is set out, but personally I'd dig a shallow trench and lay out some network cable from your house to the bar and do it that way.

The other option I'd look into is powerline adapters as these would use the power cables going from your house to the bar.

Has the bar got mains electricity? If so use something like Powerlink ethernet plugs which is not wi-fi but connects internet via your electricity cables and is better and more reliable than Wi-Fi. Despite warnings about crossing power breakers, they have worked brilliantly for us.

Good Wi-Fi  equipment will cover that distance from the back of the house so use a Wi-Fi extender.

If you have electricity, you 'may' be able to use the HomePlug solution, then put a small Wireless Access point in your 'bar'...

Otherwise, You could get a WiFi extender potentially.... depends on your current router etc partly too!

I would consider moving the router if coverage doesn't reach.  If, for example, the router is at the front of the house and the bar is at the bottom of the garden, moving the router to the other side of the house may be simpler than digging trenches or buying Powerline adapters and so on.  Just make sure wifi reaches where you want it to in the house as well!

I can’t move the modem it’s virgin so it’s on a cable 

Definitely powerline adaptor, about £30 from Argos and works brilliantly for me. Plug one into the socket near your router and connect them both via ethernet cable (included in the price). Plug the other one into a socket in your bar and connect to Sky box with ethernet cable. Jobs a good un 

8 hours ago, damo_bar said:

I can’t move the modem it’s virgin so it’s on a cable 

i'm surprised you can't get a WiFi Signal.. I can go out front, cross the road, and walk a good 50 meters or so away from my place before the signal drops...

But your best bet is a homeplug type thing, with a Wireless Access point at the other end if you need Wireless, or just plug any devices into the home plug directly....

Another vote for a powerline adapter.  TP Link AV600 should do the job and give you two wired ports and WiFi.

Can you put a second router in the bar, and setup a wifi bridge?

24 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Can you put a second router in the bar, and setup a wifi bridge?

I think the problem is actually getting the signal to the bar.

If it was me then I would go for a cabled ethernet connection especially as it will be used for streaming TV. Thread it through some cheap plastic pipe, cost about £10, and then bury it. 

Edited by apelike