Jump to content


Hallamshire Parking

Recommended Posts

I know this topic has already been discussed- but I have an upcoming appointment at the Dental Hospital- and wonder whether to take a taxi or my own car.  Could anyone tell me how easy it is to find a parking space?    I have read that the multi story car park does not have a lift.  Are there a lot of stairs to negotiate to the ground floor or does it have ramps?   Also- directions to the dental hospital wing would be greatly appreciated (out patients).  Thank you all in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taxi!

 

The Charles Clifford Dental Hospital is on a street parallel to Western Bank behind Weston Park Hospital.

Western Bank is part of the main road between The Children's Hospital and Broomhill on the frequent 51, 52/52a bus routes.

Neither multi-story carparks are suitable if you are concerned about stairs as the steep 350m route to the dental hospital could be a problem.

A taxi, or the very frequent 51, 52/52a stopping on Western Bank is a better option. There are plenty of underused taxis at the moment.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Carolo said:

I know this topic has already been discussed- but I have an upcoming appointment at the Dental Hospital- and wonder whether to take a taxi or my own car.  Could anyone tell me how easy it is to find a parking space?    I have read that the multi story car park does not have a lift.  Are there a lot of stairs to negotiate to the ground floor or does it have ramps?   Also- directions to the dental hospital wing would be greatly appreciated (out patients).  Thank you all in advance.

You got a blue badge       If youre over 65 better at dentist or on benefits

Edited by spider1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even with a blue badge you can be ages finding place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can park in the multistorey at the Hallamshire,  it's free and it doesn't get full at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks all of you for your help and advice. Looks like I'm going to go by taxi.  Any recommendations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depending which area/direction your coming from, could always use a Park & Ride site or even park somewhere free close to town and do the last leg on a bus (say Duke Street area and then jump on a 120 for a 10 min journey through town up to Hallamshire).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/04/2021 at 09:08, sammo sparks said:

You can park in the multistorey at the Hallamshire,  it's free and it doesn't get full at the moment. 

Not for much longer though, heard that free parking was ending at the end of April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The OP is going to the Dental Hospital not the Hallamshire.

-so 51, 52 or 52a not 120

The OP has suggested that stairs may be a problem.

-the multistorey at the Hallamshire is 350m away and a bit of a climb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Youan always park in the QPark just down the road - i have never had issues when going to childrens hospital

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sneakerfreak said:

Youan always park in the QPark just down the road - i have never had issues when going to childrens hospital

The OP has suggested that stairs may be a problem.

-the QPark is even further down the hill.

 

They have decided to go by taxi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.