Museum In Sheffield University I Really Liked

Although I'm not from Sheffield, I really enjoy visiting when I can, and really love the exercise I can get from walking up the hilly streets. Almost two years ago, I visited several times to visit the various museums and one in particular I visited that stood out in my mind was an oddly located museum called 'Turner Museum Of Glass' located inside one of the buildings belonging to the university. 

I know that it will likely have been discussed on these forums in the past and all it is is a row of glass display boxes with works of glass art in them, but I really enjoyed reading the detailed descriptions of each of the artifacts and chilling out later sitting down with a snack from a nearby vending machine. 

Has anyone here ever visited this unusually located museum either as a student at the university or as an outside visitor? 

On 17/04/2021 at 22:11, Paracosm said:

Although I'm not from Sheffield, I really enjoy visiting when I can, and really love the exercise I can get from walking up the hilly streets. Almost two years ago, I visited several times to visit the various museums and one in particular I visited that stood out in my mind was an oddly located museum called 'Turner Museum Of Glass' located inside one of the buildings belonging to the university. 

I know that it will likely have been discussed on these forums in the past and all it is is a row of glass display boxes with works of glass art in them, but I really enjoyed reading the detailed descriptions of each of the artifacts and chilling out later sitting down with a snack from a nearby vending machine. 

Has anyone here ever visited this unusually located museum either as a student at the university or as an outside visitor? 

Visited several times when the Glass Technology Department was on Northumberland Road next door to the British Glass Industry Research Association buildings.

I have visited it too.

But I would bet 99% plus in Sheffield have no idea it's there.

Also been to the Alfred Denny Museum.

Likely to have been in the  Festival of the Mind