Sign in to follow this  

Is It Time That Northern England Has Its Own Assembly ?

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Get a grip man.  You live in North England and not North Korea. I don't want to see more taxpayer's money wasted on creating local assemblies or whatever you want to call them.  We have 650 MPs (less Sinn Fein/IRA)  who sit in the Westminster Parliament  that  represent all the regions throughout the UK.

LOL we soon be North Korea if left it's to Johnson and his merry mates. Like I have said before if all is well and good in the union why are people even thinking about the idea? On the subject of wasting public money Johnson has decided his new Washington style press room is no longer required it only cost £2.6 million small change I suppose. 

1 hour ago, GabrielC said:

LOL we soon be North Korea if left it's to Johnson and his merry mates. Like I have said before if all is well and good in the union why are people even thinking about the idea? On the subject of wasting public money Johnson has decided his new Washington style press room is no longer required it only cost £2.6 million small change I suppose. 

Excellent, you don't care for the current crop of politicians elected nationally to govern the country and think a regional assembly will be more to your liking. What happens if a new regional assembly is run by politicians not to your liking then will you be crying out for a more district assembly?  We have regular general elections where the whole electorate gets a chance to change any government, not to their liking.

Boris Johnson hasn't stated the new briefing room is no longer required. Regarding the cost of the new Downing Street briefing room, neither you nor I am qualified to judge whether it is a waste of taxpayer's money.  Future elected governments will benefit from the new facilities for many years to come long after Boris Johnson has vacated Downing Street.

3 hours ago, GabrielC said:

LOL we soon be North Korea if left it's to Johnson and his merry mates.

Yeah, just like that other old chestnut "Tories will privatise the NHS"