Blonk Street

Has anyone received a letter from Sheffield City Council in regards to Blonk Street...

I received a warning letter saying that full enforcement of this bus lane is due to commence soon...

So now you can't even drive off the Wicker onto Blonk Street anymore....

Total disbelief !!!!...

As this is a notice of enforcement I assume there has been no change in the road layouts since last month.

Towards town there is a short bus lane/gate at the junction of Wicker and Blonk Street.

This does not prevent left turns from Wicker into Blonk Street - restricted traffic has to as the bus lane/gate restricts traffic going straight ahead onto Lady's Bridge.

Out of town, traffic from Lady's Bridge ( and a tiny bit of Wicker) all traffic can turn right onto Blonk Street.

But- there are illegal moves being made from Nursery Street, cutting across Wicker and the bus lane/gate and onto Blonk Street.

As there are no traffic lights at this junction, these last minute moves are dangerous to other road users. 

8 hours ago, Box11 said:

Has anyone received a letter from Sheffield City Council in regards to Blonk Street...

I received a warning letter saying that full enforcement of this bus lane is due to commence soon...

Total disbelief !!!!...

Don’t get your knickers in a twist. Does the letter say you can’t drive off the Wicker onto Blonk Street?

13 hours ago, Box11 said:

Total disbelief !!!!...

Is the turn off the wicker onto blonk st a bus lane? Not been through there on my bike for 12 months, but pretty sure it wasn't then.

5 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Don’t get your knickers in a twist. Does the letter say you can’t drive off the Wicker onto Blonk Street?

I'm not !!!!...

I just don't understand how Blonk Street is going to become a restricted bus lane as it's claimed on the letter.....

19 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Is the turn off the wicker onto blonk st a bus lane? Not been through there on my bike for 12 months, but pretty sure it wasn't then.

Your right it was never a bus lane I'll be getting in touch with the council for clarification as i use that route often.....

2 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Bus gate is on the other side of the road.

https://goo.gl/maps/2sQQaUPyjLWKEy2E8

Thanks that's saved me a phone call...

Edited by Box11

4 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Bus gate is on the other side of the road.

https://goo.gl/maps/

2sQQaUPyjLWKEy2E8

This picture is not a turn that you "... drive off the Wicker onto Blonk Street...". This bus gate is at the junction of Blonk Street and Castlegate ie 300m away from Wicker.

23 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

This picture is not a turn that you "... drive off the Wicker onto Blonk Street...". This bus gate is at the junction of Blonk Street and Castlegate ie 300m away from Wicker.

Correct. Did anybody say otherwise?

Edited by Jim Hardie

I've seen lot of private cars proceed down Blonk Street (from the Victoria Quays/Park Square direction) through the very plainly marked bus gate over Blonk St Bridge towards Wicker.  No sympathy whatsoever if these drivers get fined - why not drive via Furnival Road, Derek Dooley Way and the slip road onto Wicker instead?  I really despair at times.

1 hour ago, Martin C said:

I've seen lot of private cars proceed down Blonk Street (from the Victoria Quays/Park Square direction) through the very plainly marked bus gate over Blonk St Bridge towards Wicker.  No sympathy whatsoever if these drivers get fined - why not drive via Furnival Road, Derek Dooley Way and the slip road onto Wicker instead?  I really despair at times.

Maybe some driver's didn't notice the bus gate I know I didn't....

Now I am aware of it....

Edited by Box11

There is a small round blue sign that says bus taxi cycle only. 

Easy to miss and they really should put a sign before blonk st warning beforehand.