Seriously, Is It Necessary?

Posted (edited)

The sniping, the petty exchanges and ridiculous schoolyard attitude of so called adults?

I read that some have come back after long breaks. I'm not being funny but if this is the current trend of the forum, an a long break may be a decent option for me. 

In a year of absolute garbage both on and off the pitch. Both teams have been absolutely dire, none of them have been able to really enjoy it as we aren't allowed in the ground.... Then the small subject of 127k total covid related deaths, or more precisely around 0.2% of our overall population.  

Sorry but it has to be said, it's nothing short of immature, pathetic and uncalled for. It's a sport for god sake! Get a grip seriously!

Feel free to ban me moderators, but somebody has to say it. Absolutely pathetic and shameful. 

I'm not here to be liked or agreed with, I hope for a bit of mutual conversation about Sheffield football....I appreciate contrasting views and opinions, after all that is what a doscussion board is....I'm here to drift away from the current choresome everyday life of a pretty rubbish world out there at the moment. Football on the pitch throughout the pandemic has been surreal and for the first time in my life I feel disconnected. Both teams have nothing in the slightest to brag about. Both are underperformed, failing and not good enough regardless of stature. Is none of that good enough?  What satisfaction is gained from sniping at anonymous others via an online discussion forum. Seriously, very, very sad indeed.

I don't know any of you and I've never met any of you, probably never will. But I don't give a Frank as to whether you wear red or blue and white....I wish you and yours well and good health, in a time that is still shadowed by uncertainty. I wish you to keep safe and healthy. 

Seriously really?......have a think please.

Edited by cmonkes

I'm a relative newcomer to this forum, but I'm worried about this posting of yours.

This has been a shocking year for us all, with Covid taking so many people before their time, and taking NHS resources away from those in need (missed appointments, operations and so on).  Many of us have lost loved ones to Covid or other illnesses who may still be with us but for Covid-related delays, restrictions etc.

So called "elite" sport has been allowed to continue, and a minority have shown themselves to be overpaid morons, yet are allowed to continue to be overpaid morons and still play and pick up vast sums and international caps after Covid breaches etc.  Frankly, I was all for cancelling the season early on as the players were breaking Covid rules with impunity, and that is my sport.

As for local teams - well we can't watch it live but we still can see it on TV and have opinions.  Football without views and discussions would be like watching paint dry.  Blades and Owls are equally fed up, so will have to write this one off and hope for better next season, when we may be able to cheer our sides on.

I am unsure who you are aiming your ire at, as I can't see from the thread heading (it may be as it's late that I'm missing something).  If it is the players - I agree.  If it's a few posters I may also agree.  I hope I am not among them, but if so - sorry.

Bottom line - I respect you as a poster, and your posts have been well thought out and appreciated by myself and many others - as you know from responses.  The tone of this thread worries me as it sounds like you are seriously fed up.  SF can't lose posters like you, so take a few minutes to chill, or even some time off (as I have done recently as real world has intervened for me), then come back refreshed.

I look forward to reading more of your posts.

I enjoy your honest fair post so please keep them coming, some people were removed for very good reasons but may not have learnt their lesson.

They take anything negative about their team as a dig or personal insult maybe they need to toughen up and see things as they really are or maybe move on to a knitting forum.

47 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

I enjoy your honest fair post so please keep them coming, some people were removed for very good reasons but may not have learnt their lesson.

They take anything negative about their team as a dig or personal insult maybe they need to toughen up and see things as they really are or maybe move on to a knitting forum.

I agree entirely Alex. Maybe everyone needs to get a thicker skin.

Out of interest, what sort of good reason could there be for banning people. I thought you might have some ideas😀

i dont mind peoples views,but if its nasty,i cannot see the point,its a pity united have gone down as it was good for the city,its sad wednesday are going down as that robs us of what could of been some great local matchs,its bad for sheffield full stop,but theres always next season.

Not sure whether this is the right thread or not  but I think United are about to be relegated. They put up a fight and Wolves were pretty poor to be honest. That second kit of Uniteds really suits them though. I hope they keep it.

They're down now, just lost to a very poor Wolves side.

12 hours ago, sibon said:

I agree entirely Alex. Maybe everyone needs to get a thicker skin.

Out of interest, what sort of good reason could there be for banning people. I thought you might have some ideas😀

That's more your territory isn't it, after all you was Admin on here, surely they told you the rules.

On 17/04/2021 at 00:24, cmonkes said:

The sniping, the petty exchanges and ridiculous schoolyard attitude of so called adults?

I read that some have come back after long breaks. I'm not being funny but if this is the current trend of the forum, an a long break may be a decent option for me. 

In a year of absolute garbage both on and off the pitch. Both teams have been absolutely dire, none of them have been able to really enjoy it as we aren't allowed in the ground.... Then the small subject of 127k total covid related deaths, or more precisely around 0.2% of our overall population.  

Sorry but it has to be said, it's nothing short of immature, pathetic and uncalled for. It's a sport for god sake! Get a grip seriously!

Feel free to ban me moderators, but somebody has to say it. Absolutely pathetic and shameful. 

I'm not here to be liked or agreed with, I hope for a bit of mutual conversation about Sheffield football....I appreciate contrasting views and opinions, after all that is what a doscussion board is....I'm here to drift away from the current choresome everyday life of a pretty rubbish world out there at the moment. Football on the pitch throughout the pandemic has been surreal and for the first time in my life I feel disconnected. Both teams have nothing in the slightest to brag about. Both are underperformed, failing and not good enough regardless of stature. Is none of that good enough?  What satisfaction is gained from sniping at anonymous others via an online discussion forum. Seriously, very, very sad indeed.

I don't know any of you and I've never met any of you, probably never will. But I don't give a Frank as to whether you wear red or blue and white....I wish you and yours well and good health, in a time that is still shadowed by uncertainty. I wish you to keep safe and healthy. 

Seriously really?......have a think please.

Funny that. T'other day I was on here and noticed one name I've not seen for probably 2 years. Having read your message and concerns I can understand where you're coming from. The individual used to reduce every discussion to the level of spiteful childishness it was embarrassing.

I support entirely and sympathise with your views.