Information On The Gatty Family

Looking for information on the Gatty family. I am doing some family tree research and believe I am connected to the the Gatty family. My mother has the Gatty name as a middle name and Ivor Gatty was her God father. We now think he was actually a relation. I'm trying to find some information on Ivor Gatty who lived in Rustlings Road and was friendly with a Thomas Ward (my mother's Father) who we now think was also a member of the Gatty family. We know Undine married a Ward.   Does anyone know anything about Ivor Gatty or Thomas Ward ? 

1939 register, 69 Rustlings Road, Sheffield.

David I. Gatty, born 9 May 1879, Teacher (Art Master).

With him is a housekeeper called Norah Bullas.

David Ivor Vaughan Gatty, baptised 18 June 1879 at St Nicholas, Bradfield.

Parents, Reginald Alfred and Florence Emily.

David Ivor Vaughn Gatty aged 67,  cremation index record, buried 6 Jan 1947 at City Road Cemetery.

Cremation no. 5412.

Sheffield Independent, 14 March 1914.

At Hooton Roberts, the funeral of Rev. Reginald Alfred Gatty who was the grandson of Nelson's chaplain on the Victory.

Mourners:  Sir Alfred Scott Gatty, Mr Charles Scott Gatty, Mr Charles T. Gatty  (brothers)

Mr Reginald A.A. Gatty, Mr Nicholas C, Gatty, Mr D. Ivor V. Gatty (sons)

and Mrs Warde (sister).

Sheffield Independent, 5 Oct 1938.

This articles mentons the young Mr Thomas Ward whose lino cuts were on display at an exhibition at Manchester

City Art Gallery and is a Sheffield schoolmaster artist and  a native of Sheffield.

It then mentions that there is a portrait in oils of Mr Ivor Gatty at the Sheffield Central Secondary School for Boys.

In another article in 1923 it mentions that Ivor was the grandson of the late Dr. Gatty.  Ivor was born at Bradfield

where his father was Vicar.

12 hours ago, HillCrest7 said:

... We know Undine married a Ward.   Does anyone know anything about Ivor Gatty or Thomas Ward ? 

Undine Marcia Gatty was Ivor Gatty's aunt. She married a Walter Ward in 1884 - here is a link to the relevant page from the 1911 census return:

https://ibb.co/8MJqGqh

Here also are probate details for David Ivor Vaughan Gatty, one of his executors being "Thomas Ward, schoolmaster":

https://ibb.co/vBSsdrH

The 1939 Register has a Thomas Ward, schoolmaster, born 6 December 1909, resident at 11 Greystones Drive. Also at that address is Phyllis L. Ward, born 16 October 1908, evidently his wife.

Thankyou for  your help , I shall have a look. We have a few of items from Ivor Gatty as they were left to my Grandfather Thomas Ward aswell as a sum of money.  We were always lead to believe that Ivor was just my Mum's Godfather as he was good friends to Thomas. It's only just recently we think that there is a relation link but are struggling to find it. My Grandmother was Phylis Lilian Ward nee Cooper and she played the piano and was a school teacher. 

Possibly Norh Bullas may be of interest, as she looks like she comes from a Ward. Thankyou for the help. 

Were from  the Gatty  family from  Ecccesfield think there was a  vicar off that name.