Ponds Forge/Fitness Unlimited Or Whatever It's Now Called

So I move back to Sheffield over the weekend.

Now that the gyms are open I want to join a gym which has a pool.... Ponds forge of the obvious choice.

Unfortunately there is no membership information on their website.... Just a phone number that just goes to voicemail. The website directs you to phone too.

I know today will be extremely busy due to facilities reopening, but does anyone else have this issue or have managed to join recently?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Ms Macbeth said:

https://www.sheffieldcitytrust.org/memberships/fitness

i've realised this just leads to a phone no.  😐

I got through on the phone...well, into the holding pattern.... Where I hung up after 15 mins... It's almost like they are deliberately trying to dissuade people from joining

I got a response on Monday via messenger app. Says £30 for gym/swim or £40 gym/swim/classes both multi site memberships. Also said the online membership portal will open later this week. (So may be online now)

Ponds forge is a fantastic venue but poorly managed.

The web site and IT side has been woefully inadequate for years infact if anything its got worse rather than better. a member of staff admitted that to me and to be fair most of the staff are great.

A few years ago even finding pool alterations which happen all the time was virtually impossible online and often ended up having to phone them.This went on for months.

They also often only opened a few lanes in the pool despite the rest being empty and it being busy.

They paid a lot of money a few years ago for a car park system which was so bad they ended up taking it out and making it pay and display.

The booking system for classes when they  opened last year failed regularly.

And as you point out they recently spent god knows how much rebranding  everything Sheffield City Trust 

I eventually gave up.

So sad really as its a great venue.

Up to about 2 and half years ago I used to attend the Leisure Pool at Ponds Forge frequently for a long time, and pre lockdown I was going to Hillsborough Leisure Centre on a Wednesday afternoon most weeks for swimming, this was before I started attending a second weekly Taekwondo lesson which is on a Wednesday evening, currently on Zoom but they're going back in the training Halls the week commencing the 17th of May.

Edited by Mr Allen
Typos

I see that Ponds Forge gym, and all the Sheffield City Trust gyms, are now using a booking system where you must book in advance before going to the gym. Does anyone know if this is a permanent feature, or is it in place temporarily because of covid?

Anyone living in South East Sheffield, should consider joining NE Derbyshire fitness scheme. I pay 30 per month, no contract (cancel when I like) and use either Eckington or Dronfield fitness centres. Both are around 14 minutes drive from me, and have free parking right outside the venue.

If I only wanted swim, it would be 24 per month, swim and gym is 27 per month, etc.

https://www.ne-derbyshire.gov.uk/leisure

On 10/07/2022 at 20:39, andysm said:

I see that Ponds Forge gym, and all the Sheffield City Trust gyms, are now using a booking system where you must book in advance before going to the gym. Does anyone know if this is a permanent feature, or is it in place temporarily because of covid?

You no longer need to pre-book at the STC gyms - just turn up whenever. Not sure about swimming though.